iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weather

Started by chet, March 20, 2005, 09:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Da sun showed up today.  8)   8)   8)    At least I think it is da sun, it's a very big extremely bright thing in da sky.  :-\   
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Must be nice ;)  We could use some to melt our six inches of new snow. :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

We had wet snow showers a couple days that didn't add up to didley, today is nice and sunny here also, it's at 32 F now and breezy. Sap should run this afternoon. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

MemphisLogger

9:45 AM on the Lord's day . . .

Second cup of coffee . . .

50 degrees with a predicted high of 66 . . .

Forsythias, Spireas, and Daffodils in full bloom, Dogwoods fixin' to bust-out and sun shining brite . . .

Work?

Mom just pulled up with fresh donuts . . .

Hmmm . . .

Work?

??? 
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Jeff

Looks like our snow on the flat is now down to about a foot. Usually ice out on the local lakes is around the 10-15th of April. Its going to take some real doings do get er thawed by then this year. They are still driving motor homes out on Houghton lake as of yesterday. The icicles just outside my window here arn't even dripping today.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

tnlogger

sunny and should top mid 60s here  but coldddddddd tonite lol be all the way down to 36
good news is my son said the small mouths are just starting their run at the blue hole. might just try to talk him in to taking my fishing.
gene

Corley5

32.5 degrees with a stiff wind outta the NW and no sun.  First day of Spring ???

chet

Well Dang, it's 76 degrees here......................IN DA HOUSE.   ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

Geee It's only 70 deg here in the haus, and no fire all day :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

It's 78 and sunny here. :) ;D :)  Won't be long, and we'll be grousing about the heat. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Percy

Its a couple of degrees below freezing up here but the humidity and the wind make it feel kinda arctic..as in colder than a bankers heart...

Johnny Carson : "I seen in the news today it was very cold in NewYork today."
Audience: How cold was it Johnny??"
Johnny: " Well, today it was so cold in NewYork that the exibitionists in Central Park were just describing themselves." :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Ernie

Daylight saving just ended and we can rest easy now that that extra hour of sunshine will stop fading the drapes :D :D

For the last couple of weeks and supposedly for the next week, we have had hot (24 to 28 degrees celsius)  sunny days with only a bit of rain the other night, the ground is nice and dry for dragging logs.  We moved the mill into the shade as the midday sun was just too much ;) ;)

Hope the good Lord has a nice dry winter ahead for us,  as a farmer I should want rain but I'll just sell some animals if feed runs short and keep making sawdust.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

farmerdoug

It is 37 degrees out, the sun is shining and it is snowing also.  How is that for a mix of weather.  8) I forgot to mention the mud too. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

sawguy21

I have to wait for it to quit snowing so I can get out and start shoveling. Welcome to spring.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Got me  8) shades up.

Drapes open....

And, I'm sittin in the house
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Sawyerfortyish

Still some snow here drops in the mid twenties every night and high thirties during the day. The snow in my pickup from december just melted out yesterday. What a year for maple syrup. To bad I didn't get my evaporator set up. Were still ice fishing here and trout season opens in three weeks never seen this much ice this late in the year.

jtmccallum

First day of spring.  ::)   I even worked up a sweat this afternoon....................playing dodge ball with my son's youth group.  :D :D

Corley, has the sap been running at all up your way.  I volunteered my son to help my cousins boil maple syrup during his spring break.  Looks like it cold be a short season.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Corley5

We haven't had any sap weather yet.  It might have ran for a while a couple afternoons last week but about the time it woulda got started the temp dropped off.  Sounds like it might run some this week though.

Sprucegum

I took a drive out to the bush today in a light snow and a hard wind.

I was just puttin along looking at the trees instead of the trail when I heard ice breaking and water splashing! A hard right, tromp on the gas and we're back on track :D  50 years of driving and I still get a rush ;D ;D

chet

:D  :D  Been dar............done dat.  ;D

crtreedude

Twas another beautiful day in paradise, Sunny, not too hot - just enough to sweat a bit, but the breeze was wonderful. I think it was about 78 today.  This is our dry season so we haven't seen much rain in the last couple of week - but we did just get a shower.

A little warmer down on the finca, but still very nice.  The workers were playing soccer today. Can you imagine that? Hector was telling me that he was filling a little out of shape so he went an played soccer. This is a man involved in rebuilding a house and cutting down trees during the week and he is worried about not getting enough excercise....  :o

By the way, I had visitors this last week - A Canadian Businessman and a Costa Rican partner. The Costa Rican had been sending him weather forcast for a while, the revenge, the businessman had him travel to Canada in the middle of winter. He left San Jose when it was 27 degrees Celsius, and arrived in Canada where it was -27 degrees Celsius. He decided to stop sending the weather forcast. "No vale de pena!"

(It wasn't worth the pain)

Fred
So, how did I end up here anyway?

CHARLIE

Chet, I figgered y'all would get dumped on with snow on Saturday or Today.  I moved out of the Rochester, Minnesota area in the nick of time! On Friday we were supposed to get a snowstorm that would dump up to 12 inches of snow on us but it slithered south of us and dumped about 20" of heavy wet snow on Rochester and surrounding communties. Then I figgered it was headed your way.  Never was good at figgering nohow. ::)   The Twin Cities TV stations told me that Spring officially came yesterday.  I'd have never known it if they hadn't told me. ;D   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

Charlie,
We were in Rochester a week ago. Their snow was pretty much non existent. It had started snowing the day we left.
We didn't get that much here, maybe about 6 or 8 inches, but it was wet and heavy.

asy

Well, I just got my new wonder-clock in the mail.

Bought it on ebay..  It tells me time date and most importantly the temperature in the lounge room.

It's currently 28C, but I have had the air conditioner on all day, thankfully.

It's currently about 32C outside.

It's Autumn, so the average is mid 20's and winter gets down to low 20's, sometimes at night it gets down around 10-15C, that's cold...

I can't believe all the snow at Jeff's place!!!  Would be good fun to visit. For a short while.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!