iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Allergies

Started by Magicman, November 04, 2012, 08:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It seems that this time of year is a particularly bad time for my snout.  Everything is dry so dust and whatever else really gives me problems.  I hate to use those nose sprays, and decongestant, etc. pills keep me awake at night.

Saline solutions are a life saver, but I am still continually snorting.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I'm even allergic to popple and pine trees.  ::)  I went and had one of those test done. One blood test I thought they was just about to drain me. I can even get all plugged up at 10° sledding in a field. A little bit of vasaline each morning or when I need it through the day,keeps my nose from drying out. I found something over the counter, 20 years,that was cheap too,that helped me alot. Than they stopped making it. Have not really found anything since.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

millstead

i have bad allergies and i went to see an allergist and they stuck me with about 50 neadles and turns out im allergic to  dust mites and a little allergic to dogs. and the doctor thought immunization therapy would help. thats where they injected you with what your allergic to and its supposed to make you immune. i go once a weak for six months and then once a month for a year i have only been doing it for six months but my allergies dont really bother me anymore.  i tell everyone i know that has allergies about it. my allergies have greatly improved to the point where i verry rarely have a flare up. if your allergies are bad you should look into it

doctorb

Magic-

Are you confusing your nose with your toes? ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

doctorb, I guess that you have about figured out that I am a wreck, but I take a lickin and keep on tickin.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I am currently having a pretty bad asthma/allergy attack. Took a benadryl but it aint helped yet. Wheezing, short of breath, eyes burning and nose half running and have stuffed up at the same time. I know exactly what it is from. I was cutting shooing lanes through Balsam Fir, using a pole trimmer trimming high branches that would in-turn, fall on me. I know better, I found out awhile ago I was allergic.  I've heated up a kettle of water and washed my hair and took a solo cup shower and changed my clothes. Not much I can do now except be miserable until It goes away. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I've no allergies, but I keep hearing of those that are allergic to balsam. Even just the smell of it and their zonked. Our northern balsam is stronger smelling than further south. Another smell, I think is stronger is from black spruce. You can smell it from the road driving along plantations.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I also know what I did.  I used the leaf blower yesterday to blow the leaves from underneath the Pecan tree so we could pick up pecans.  I had the dust flying, and I also know better.   :-\

metalspinner

Nick is on the allergy shot regimen.  He just started them a couple months ago.  That boy is allergic to everything.  We counted him sneezing 18 times in a row once. :D  The allergist said he will still have reactions this fall because the treatments will not have had time to work.  But he is looking forward to next spring. :)

When he is really stopped up, we use a saline wash to irrigate and that helps for a while.  But the swelling can get bad at times.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Peter Drouin

I had an old man one time tell me to eat honey for your allergies. my eyes in the spring get bad all red and wet. then add sawdust :D so I got some bees and my eyes are good now. but the sawdust well Ill live with that :D :D I have some evey day , good on ham and eggs  Im not saying to get bees just buy some honey in your town. It might help
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Metalspinner,Nick and I should have sneezing contest. Be warned,I will probably beat him. I have been out in the woods and have sneezed more than that. If I'm around hot water and soap and start sneezing I wash my hands and face with hot water,as hot as I can stand it and soap. Blow my nose with my hands as I am washing to get all that junk out. I keep blowing until I don't have a brain left, which don't take long.  ;D This has helped me ALOT. Most times it will just about stop it. But if I'm in the woods..... :(    I feel for that poor kid.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I was told to use honey and cinnamon, so my cup is spiked this morning.

metalspinner

cfarm,
We nicknamed him Captain Sneezealot. :D His superpower is that he can blow you away . Cats, dust, and mold spores are his never ending source of power. :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Holmes

I am one that sneezes 12 to 16 times in a row, so did my dad. I am allergic to dust. Last year I tried a nasal rinse, certainly not a cure all, but it has been a huge help for me. Best help for me is to use the rinse asap after getting dusted ,then before bed.
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

Just had an appointment today with my lung Dr. She was not happy when she looked up my nose. She gave me some nasal spary,Veramyst. She said having my nose plugged up and dripping into my throat is not good for my COPD. We'll see what that stuff does.

Magicman

After yesterday, I am snotting and snorting again.   :-\  Eyes swollen and the whole bit.

I did a good general cleanup around the Cabin Addition, and I guess that the leaf blower got the best of me.  I put a dust mask on, but obviously, too late.   smiley_crying whiteflag_smiley

SPIKER

was up and the dog was in full on love me mode so ended up on floor ruff housing with the ole boy.   took him out as he got in "Psyco mode"  and momma decided the rug needed swept up afterwards & while he was out back.  (the two dont get along the sweeper and the dog that is.) 8)

anyhow between the psyco dog and the sweeper I'm not miserable too.    must be the day for it I guess.
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jeff

Im a mess this afternoon. Warm day and the wind is straight from the firs into my deerblind windows.

doctorb

They permit hunting on Sundays in Michigan?  Or are you just watchin'?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

There are some high population counties in the lower peninsula where there are restrictions on Sundays, as well as the weaponry (no rifles, only shot guns and some hand guns). But here in God's country, we can hunt from a 1/2 hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset every day of the season.

thecfarm

No Sunday hunting here in Maine.
That Veramyst might really be helping. I only got 30 days sample,I will not get anymore when it runs out and I'll see how I feel than.

SwampDonkey

I think deer season ended here last week, but they hunt 7 days a week during. You have the 1/2 hour before and after dark thing to. We have very few deer here, that's why we have lots of moose. This year was a record moose hunt. Walking in the woods yesterday revealed some of my "untouched" white pine getting hammered by bull moose. Now they will die or be scarred up good. They didn't shoot enough. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!