iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Local man Lost his life yesterday Apr 2017

Started by just_sawing, April 11, 2017, 03:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

He had been cutting all his life and one miss step got him.
Had lunch at the local dinner today and there were tears. It is hard to understand when you are always at a seat every morning, When your not it is hard.

You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Ron Scott

~Ron

OH logger

john

petefrom bearswamp

Sad to hear.
AS I have posted before we who work in the woods be it all the time or only once in a while are only one mistake away from the great beyond.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

everyone please be careful in the woods :( its been just over a year since we buried a friend killed in the log woods tree fell on him :(  and i owe my life to a 6" maple from cutting a 24" dia oak across a tree i had lodged  have scares scattered from my knees up to my chest as a reminder that "thats not  osha approved" ;D  that was standard procedure for me and my brother until that happen had gotten away with it probably 500 times over the years ::)
  the tree i cut across the lodged one was to small to break the top out of the lodged tree so it teetered and slider back down the tree catching me on the end of it until it hit the little maple threw me clear of everything else that happened and the little maple is quite a bit bigger now and wont be cut long as i own the property  :o that was the last day my wife ever went to the woods with me :) 

i know that was a lot of rambling but i know alot of guys still do this and its very dangerous. i didnt know this guy but he and his will be in my prayers  :(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

petefrom bearswamp

Still mourning the  fellow who was killed and feel for his family.
I have lived out 3 of my nine lives so far.
Knocked unconscious twice  in the 70s  while doing timber stand improvement and again in 1995 while working alone ringing my bell badly with a concussion and rupturing my left ACL.
Also smacked a friend while cutting firewood about 10 years ago fracturing a vertebrae.
I guess this is maybe 4. 
Older now and maybe a little smarter I hope.
WORK SAFE OUT THERE ALL
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

tmbrcruiser

My prayers are with his family. Makes me wonder how any of us live long enough to learn how to cut timber. The truth is any one who has cut much timber has a few stories of close calls.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

Ed_K

That's just awful. a loss of two so close in time.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!