iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is It Ever

Started by Autocar, July 19, 2015, 02:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Going to stop rainning ? Haven't cut a tree sence the beans were planted in May. First time in ten or so years I had road side jobs and would have work while everything else is cropped in and it just keeps rainning  ::)
Bill

lumberjack48

When i had this problem, we'd fall and bunch up timber in the woods. Then when it dried up enough to skid, we'd move wood 8) 
      Back when i did this the Mill or Timber Broker would pay me 25 % of the gross. We had to eat and make the payments.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

We had a summer like that 2-3-4 years ago too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

the nice part of the rain is the mill inventory is getting low so it may bring the prices up a little

bushmechanic

Don't feel too bad I had to light in the fire in the old wood stove today cause it's freezing here 11 degrees celcius. Nuts for the middle of july!

OH logger

it quit rain here bill; about 3 hours ago. this is getting old.
john

Corley5

Cool and equal parts wet and dry up here this season.  Been a nice summer thus far.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

clww

Been wet and hot here in Tidewater for the last three months. The last two jobs, and the current one we're doing, we've had to fight the mud at least three days a week. Just when the ground gets to a decent point of no slop for a day, it rains again and we start over. Of course with the weather, it's all in His hands.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mills

Looks like we're finally getting a dry spell. Slight chance of rain today and Monday, but clear the rest of the week. Local log yards are all empty. I got enough out for a single axle load Saturday morning, and had a small wait to unload. Buyers said they couldn't remember getting in as many partial loads in a July before.

They thought it had been so long since I had been there that they needed to give me directions to the scale house.  :D :D :D

I'm going to try to get in the garden today... with a lawn mower and a weedeater. :D :D :D

coxy

mills did you get your grapple fixed

mills

Yep, little stub on the retaining ring had broken off.

Thanks again for the help.

Thank You Sponsors!