iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan chain saw

Started by Lorenzo, February 08, 2019, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Stumbled on to this little guy today,  Anyone have an idea of year and what it might be worth these days. 
I haven't bought it yet, would like to know more about it. I will just hang it on the wall .

sawguy21

Never seen one like it. I suspect an O&R engine
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Lorenzo

TACOMATODD

Does any of the writing on the left side provide any clues? It is to small for me to read. The color suggests, maybe Husky of some sort. Just a stab.
Trying harder everyday

lxskllr

I did some searching last night, and "paul bunyan" is a difficult search term regarding chainsaws. You might want to try "chip-a-saw". Looks like the same saw with a different sticker, but still not a lot of info.

HolmenTree

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 08, 2019, 09:55:13 PM
Never seen one like it. I suspect an O&R engine
Correct, Ohlsson and Rice engine.
We have a old thread right here on our forum. March 10, 2005
Ford Chainsaws - information wanted in Chainsaws
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Lorenzo

Ok thanks everyone for the help, I brought it home yesterday so I'm the new custodian now.

It is missing the starter pull rope knob.  It is supposed to look like a round rubber ball like this one in the picture I found on the WWW.    
Would any of you guys happen to have one I could buy?

This picture taken from the WWW.  for reference , Not mine!

Old Greenhorn

I think I recognize that engine, what is it on? My dad had one on a cute little generator, and as I recall, it had the same handle shown here. If this is the one I am thinking of, when looking at this photo, if you looked at it from the right side, you would see a flat (thin) aluminum plate that made the final closure on that die cast gas tank. He had leaking problems at that seal he never really could solve.  Cute little thing, ran like a bandit.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!