iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter Scenes

Started by Mark M, October 31, 2003, 02:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

It's getting to be that time of the year.

Mark M

We had a fog on Saturday night and everything was covered with hoar frost. This is my favorite winter phenomana!

Mark

Work Waiting

The Turdy Room House

Bigger and More Pictures Here

Bro. Noble

I enjoyed the pictures------I'd druther see your pictures than experience that stuff first hand.  We'll get it soon enough.

Neat house.  You'll keep that wood splitter busy heating it. :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pappy

Mark,
Looks like it's time to put that hammock away. :-/ :-/

I put ours and the picnic table umbrella away six weeks ago ;D and my fire wood is all in (thanks to the wife and a neighborhood kid) :D :D

Winter is just around the corner for us.  Snow should be up around the back pockets to my belt in no time.  :D :D :D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

mhasel

Mark,

WOW those are some very unique pictures, I have never seen anything like that here in the Mid-Atlantic. I'm not sure which are more fascinating the trees or the spider webs, I can't imagine how cold it must have been to produce those results!!!! Right now it is about 40F here with a pretty good NW wind, so the heat isn't staying too long in the house.

Do you mind me asking what type of digital camera you used to shoot those pictures? The contrast of the sky and the white frost were great to say the least. I was also fascinated by the ones you had of Briden-Roen sawmill very neat step back in time.

Mike

Mark M

Hi Mike

Well the temp was in the upper 20's or so but we had a heavy fog. It doesn't happen too often but when it does it's really a treat. My daughter came in as said "our house is covered in spider webs, we need to go clean them off!"

The camera is a Canon EOS-1D. It is almost identical to my 35mm film bodies and uses interchangeable lenses. I think it is around 4 megapixels. The neat thing about it is it can take 9 frames a second so for sports or action it can't be beat. I went to an ice skating show a couple years ago and took 1200 pictures in 2 hours. A lot were mediocre but I got 50-100 that we as good as you see in the magazines IMHO. On the website where the pictures are you can click on "full exif" and it will show all the camera settings.

Thanks

Mark

Mark M

Here is one I took a couple of winters ago. Wish I knew how to paint as this would make a nice painting.

Stump Jumper

These pictures are from Last Year.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Thank You Sponsors!