iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LOOK......I just ordered one.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 01, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treehack

Sounds like a class action suit in the makings.  Factoring in the pain and suffering not getting the planer, settlement will be around $1M each.  After the lawyers take their cut, you will get $300.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Jeff

That would be stupid. People make mistakes. Companies make mistakes. Nothing wrong with honestly taking advantage of a real deal, but to even consider suing a company over something like that? Not Forestry Forum like At ALL.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Hilltop366

Quote from: Treehack on January 02, 2018, 03:19:30 PM
Sounds like a class action suit in the makings.  Factoring in the pain and suffering not getting the planer, settlement will be around $1M each.  After the lawyers take their cut, you will get $300.

:D, $300 sounds about right for the goat.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A law suit, goat suit or Sunday suit never crossed my mind.

It was evidently just a mistake, not labeled mistake but labeled "On Sale Now".

Who wouldn't jump at it.   ;D

They may send me a planer or not but other wise it was fun playing..."The Price is Right".  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just got this.

That's all Folks.....

THE END!

Southside

Quote from: BradMarks on January 02, 2018, 02:40:49 PM
"If it sounds too good to be true................."

"I read it on the internet, so it must be true..."
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Southside

Quote from: Treehack on January 02, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

I took that as being sarcastic.. the $300 was the key.
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WDH

Grizzly must have smelled goat and figured out that something was wrong.  I got the cancellation e-mail today, too  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

I figured I was just a click away from getting all my Mississippi walnut planed. :-\

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 02, 2018, 08:32:21 PM
Grizzly must have smelled goat and figured out that something was wrong.  I got the cancellation e-mail today, too  :).

No they figured out you're from Georgia and the planer was coming from OKLAHOMA.  :D :D :D

Sorry, we CANNOT fill your order!

Southside

I thought they were in Missouri and Washington.   :P
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WDH

He is referring to the football game last night  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on January 02, 2018, 08:50:13 PM
I thought they were in Missouri and Washington.   :P

whispered.....shhh......its a football joke Jim  ;D

Southside

Oh, did not watch football last night, was too busy trying to find a non existent sweetheart deal on a planer that some buddies told me about.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WDH

Next thing you know, you will be getting a kiln. (Note to the Goat:  you need to do this...)

Southside

Funny you should say that. It's actually on the plan for this year.
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Southside logger on January 02, 2018, 08:55:29 PM
Oh, did not watch football last night, was too busy trying to find a non existent sweetheart deal on a planer that some buddies told me about.

Now that's funny right dare. 😂😂😂

Magicman

And I have a certain bridge that I will sell you to go between the sawmill and the kiln.  poston-smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Treehack

Quote from: Jeff on January 02, 2018, 03:25:30 PM
That would be stupid. People make mistakes. Companies make mistakes. Nothing wrong with honestly taking advantage of a real deal, but to even consider suing a company over something like that? Not Forestry Forum like At ALL.

My sincerest opologies if this was taken as anything other the total sarcasm that was intended.  In hind sight, I should have included laughing imogies to make that more clear, but I assumed that would be implied.  Being somewhat new here, I guess my personality is not as established.  I would never support the actual suing if a company over something like this.  My sarcastic remarks were actually poking fun at the culture and lawyers that propagate such things along with another play on the $300 trademark of the goat.  I will try to be more careful in the future.

barbender

I got it, treehack, and I thought the fact the lawyers got millions while the goat got $300 ironically, was pretty good humor😂😂😂  Jeff has been fighting off bot attacks and moving the forum to a new server, leaves him feeling kinda like that Waylon Jennings song "Lonesome, Ornery, and Mean" I think 😁😁
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

Quote from: barbender on January 03, 2018, 12:51:37 AM
Jeff has been fighting off bot attacks and moving the forum to a new server, leaves him feeling kinda like that Waylon Jennings song "Lonesome, Ornery, and Mean" I think

While that would be a very real possibility, not the case here.    I saw that it may or may not have been a serious suggestion. One just doesn't know for sure unless you have some sort of previous relationship with the poster.   In this case, one has to take the post at face value, because that is exactly how Grizzly would take it if they were looking in, and don't bet they are not since their metrics will track back exactly where people were coming from to get to that planer listing mistake and there was a whole lotta clicks on David's link.  If I look at a post and do not know what is truly the intent, than there certainly will be many others that might as well.  So, being the owner of this Forestry Forum, there are times I am compelled to say something for the best interests of the Forestry Forum.  Just doin my job. ;) :)

Treehack

And you're doing that job well.  Thanks for your diligence.

Southside

Hey Jeff,

Just a thought, based on the lemons to lemonade idea.  What if Grizzly realized just how much traffic was directed to their site from the Forum.  Perhaps they could see the value in filling that space at the top that says "This area now available" with a sharp looking advertisement? 

Oh and in case you get a call from some guys at "We, Cheat'em, and How"  I don't know nothin' about that.   :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

That would be nice wouldn't it? Odds are slim.  :)

barbender

I know you are, Jeff👍🏼 I'm just ribbing ya'😊
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!