iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

562XP (early model) mods

Started by Wood Shed, September 07, 2020, 09:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Shed

After researching most of the hot starting problem fixes I decided to do the least harm and go one step at a time, so far so good.  Really had no starting problems last week when it was hot and sunny here.  Used a hole saw and made three holes, ran about three tanks of fuel with no hot starting problems as I cleaned gator trails in the woods.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

lxskllr

Nice job on that. Looks very clean  :^)

Woodfarmer

I just bought a used new style cover that way I can put the original back on in the winter. I also noticed on my saw someone took out the grommet in the divider so that doesn't help in the heat either.

Wood Shed

I do not cut as much when it gets cold especially now we head south for the coldest part of the winter.  Always plan to cut wood on Thanks Giving morning instead of rabbit hunting like I did when the boys in our family were young.  Looking forward to seeing how the 562 runs now.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

Spike60

Not too sure about the location of those holes. If you feel air blowing out of the top hole, then what it really amounts to is a loss of cooling air before it completes it's path over all of the cooling fins. The other 2 will allow the air box to fill up with chips and dust a lot faster than normal. Just going to have to keep an eye on that and clean more often.

Thanksgiving morning cutting sounds like a good tradition to get started. :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

lxskllr

What I was thinking but didn't say, cause it's stupid, is putting brass grommets in the holes with coarse brass screens. It would be a good start on a steampunk chainsaw, and would keep stuff out of the holes. That would be a lot of work and expense unless the task particularly amused you.

Sprinter

You might want to look at the Air Injection delete threads. Some of us have found value there.
I think it's a great saw but under-appreciated.

Wood Shed

Used my 562XP again yesterday with temps around the mid sixties with no problems.  Cutting up a maple tree that was taken down with some dead ash near my house.  When I was done the engine cover was removed and checked for dust and wood chips, looked the same as before I started.  At least the mods made may make me more apt to keep things cleaner and yes I think the 562 is a great saw.

Wood Shed

Ran my 562XP about two hours on Tuesday and stopped and restarted about 7 or 8 times with one pull each time.  Looking forward to seeing if cold weather has any negative effects.  Removed dust cover and checked air filter, no significant dust found.   

Thank You Sponsors!