iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Are you really an A**h***?

Started by Jeff, March 09, 2002, 06:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Wow! That got your attention!

This is actually a word about the smilies you see and use in posts, and how they can be used to reflect what your real attitude may be in a post. The smilies are also referred to by another term that is pretty accurate. "Emotiacons"

Some of us may be in a hurry when we write a post, and some of us just simply don't have the writing style that reflects a mood. That's what the smilies are there for, to help you from being misunderstood, cause it does happens.  

One member (could be anyone of 300), everytime they post, seems to be confrontational, angry, bosy, or disagreeable. I know for a fact that that member is not, because I know him personally and he's a heck of a nice guy. He just comes across, as this post started, as an A**hole because of his writing syle. If he would simply start sticking a smiley or 2 in, the flavor of the posts would change.

To use a smiley is simple. Just click on the point in your message where you would like to insert the smiley, then click on the smiley if your choice. The program will stick in the corresponding characters that will eventually appear as a smiley in your post. 8)

So next time you see a post by someone that looks like an A**hole, refer him or her to this post, could be they just need one of these :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bud Man

8)====== 8)  It's not what you say ========It's how you say it 8)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

RavioliKid

Hmmm...

Makes me kind of want to go figure out who it is.

;)

(Uh...It isn't me, is it?)
RavioliKid

Bud Man

Gotta be you Rav , All your post's seem to be coming from a " Carnivore with a sore tooth and an empty belly". :) :) :) :)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

It's Me, I take the blame. Every board stacker I ever had will tell you I'm an a**hole. Some reason those guys can never figure out that a sawmill makes money by sawing lumber, and somebody has to stack it.

DanG

Maybe they'd like you better if you used a better brand of peas.

HEY! Somebody want to come up with a mechanical stacker for Jeff?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

There aint one available I can't overwhelm. Thats what I tell the stackers too. Do we need a smiley that looks like a doughnut?

psychotic1

Ah,  But when you use netscape (as I do, and I won't switch)  The smilies can cause strange things to happen in the message.  I usually manage to work around them (the strange things) when I need to use the emoticons, but mostly I just leave them out.  I figure it's the price I pay for being stubborn about netscape and IE.  sigh
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something

Jeff

I'm surprised you even get on the forum, some versions of netscape won't work at all with this software.

Question: Do you still watch black and white T.V.?

Question: Do you make toast by poking a stick in a piece of bread and holding it over a flame?

Messcape is the thorn in a web designers side.

P.S. psychotic1, you don't need smilies, we know a nut when we see one. ;)

L. Wakefield

Tree people wood know nuts, donchknow!    :D :D :D  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Ron Wenrich

I guess you could add this one:  

Or this one:

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Forester Frank

Jeff you got everyone's attention with this one :o, including mine. ;)
Forester Frank

Jeff

Didnt work did it Don? Do you think I would let you use Html on this board? nuh uh. No way. This is no place for amatures ;)

Don P

DanG, just when I thought I'd figgered sumthin out :D I'll get it yet, course I do hold my stick with toast in the open door of the oven.

Modified by admin

Is that what you wanted? :)

Modified by DP  :D

Its late but I learned sumthin today 8) :D

psychotic1

I don't watch any TV. black, white, or pastel.  When the satellite company said I couldn't get and pay for just the history channel, TLC, Discovery, and A&E.  I told them no thanks.  
I make toast by heating rocks in a fire, then frying the bread.  (Whatever you do, don't try to do both sides at once)
Mama always said I was pretty sharp, now I guess I know what she meant.

Yeah, I'm a nut.  But life wouldn't be any fun any other way.
Patience, hell.  I'm gonna kill something