iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

help on ford diesel

Started by jftimber, September 14, 2012, 06:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jftimber

i have a ford industrial diesel in a c4d tree farmer i need a crank shaft i have looked every were can anyone help i didnt think it would be that hard to find out of all the ford engines its like this one didnt exzist, you can email me at,frasierstimberharvesting@gmail.com
hoping some one can help its a good machine thats in very good shape and id like to fix the motor changing it up ,then its not original    thank you and hopefully someone out there will be able to help

sprucebunny

How many cubic inches or the model # ???
It was probably used in something else, too.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

mad murdock

Should be a 172 ford. Check the numbers on the engine. There is an outfit in MO, Glemco Tractor. I bought a piston set and all the gaskets needed for an Inframe cyl job. Reasonable prices. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

John Woodworth

unless it's cracked have you checked with the machine shops, they are regrindable to .40 although I wouldn't run a .40 under. A good crank rebuilder if it's rebuildable will cost half the price of new.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

jftimber

its a 254 for sure, broken crank shaft these industrial engines were made in england

grassfed

I'm not sure but the ford 6000 diesel tractor should be the same.
They are on ebay this looks like a good deal but check the casting #

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C3NN6303B-Reground-Crankshaft-Fits-Ford-6000-diesel-/280925920941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41687d5ead
Mike

HiTech

It is probably a Dorset Diesel or a Dover Diesel...both were made in England for Ford. They were 254 cu. in. and both took the same crank. I think one had a bigger head than the other and that could be the only difference. There should be a number stamped on the block or head that a Ford dealer could tell you more about it. I think they delivered around 80HP. Not sure were parts could be found. I know that engine was used in all kinds of industrial machines. It probably even has a decompressor lever on it for cold starting.

bushmechanic

Try agkits.com they may be able to help.But e-mail or call because they have a lot more inventory than is listed.

Mapleman

If its a Ford diesel made in England it could be the same motor that's in the Fordson Major tractor, I think that cranks for those engines are available.  You could post a question on the Fordson Tractor Pages, www.fordsontractorpages.nl, there's probably someone on that forum that would be able to help you.

Dave
"The older I get, the better I used to be."

Thank You Sponsors!