iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Headed to Branson

Started by ksu_chainsaw, June 27, 2005, 05:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksu_chainsaw

Well, my grandma wants to get out of the house and away for a few days.  So the wife and me are going to take her to branson for a few days.  We plan on going to Dixie Stampede and probably to Silver Dollar City.  We also know to stop at Lamberts Cafe for a bite to eat.  Where else do all of you suggest going?  I would stop by some members down there, but I dont know how much the wife will like that ;D

Thanks

Charles

Jeff

Charles, All you have to do is talk her into visiting with a member one time and she will find out that will probably be the high-light of most any trip and doing something like visiting Branson is only secondary.  :)  We went to Florida and discarded any notion of seeing Walt Dizzy. We went to Southern MO and Arkansas and  found that Bro. Nobles and Arky's were the best places to visit.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Without knowing what sort of things you like,  it's hard to make a reccomendation.  Lots of people go to Bass Pro when they go through Springfield.

Other big attractions in the area are the 'Branson Belle'  showboat and of course all the shows on 'the strip'.

Personally,  I like nature,  scenery,  history,  and like to avoid traffic,  spending money,  and lots of people.

Silver Dollar City has something for everyone and is probably worth the $$$$ if you allow enough time to see and do everything.  Used to be that you could arrive there after 3;00 PM and get in the next day on the same ticket.  I would sure reccomend doing that if they still do that.

There are two other things that we enjoy in that area.  One is The Shepherd of the Hills Farm and theater.   Reading the book  "Shepherd of the Hills" by Harold Bell Wright would make this a lot more enjoyable.  This book is what put Branson on the map to begin with.

Another place we like to visit is the Museum on the School of the Ozarks campus near Branson.  It used to be free,  but now I believe there is a small charge. 

If you would like to see the real Ozarks and get some good grub while at it you can do a little more driving and spend a lot less money.  Let me know if you would like some ideas along those lines.

Hope you have lots of fun,  and you're sure welcome to visit us too.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Larry

Johnny Morris...Bass Pro founder has put together something like 10,000 acres of scenic Ozark hill country close to Branson.  Got an un-official tour some years ago of Dogwood Canyon and was quite impressed.

They have tram rides through the Canyon...thought it might be of interest, especially to an older person with the heat and humidity.

http://www.dogwoodcanyon.com/

In any case have fun. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ksu_chainsaw

not yet, as some medical problems popped up. 

We are trying to get down there in the next couple weeks, if nothing changes.

Charles

SwampDonkey

My folks have been down there a couple of times on tour bus. I can't recall all the stops but most such tours going through the region head to Branson.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Haytrader

If you don't mind driving slower than you can walk, then Branson is the place this time of year.
Get a room in the center of things you want to see and leave the car and walk. Is your granny up to that? A little later on, I have been told, is better. Like fall.
Dixie Stampede is a good place. Wash your hands before you go as they don't give you any utinsels to eat with. Good food though.
Legends is one of our favorites, and like Noble mentioned, The Showboat is good. Good food and entertainment.
By all means, ride The Ducks. We still have our noise makers.
Someone told me recently that Jim Stafford is a good show.
Haytrader

meazlejr

Charles,
I hope everything is ok with your family.  I am getting a little worried.  I pm'ed you a couple times.  I just saw that you may be dealing with some "medical problems".   My thoughts and prayers are with you and I certianly understand that family comes first.
Hoping for the best,
Joe

Thank You Sponsors!