iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw cut planning....

Started by mrcaptainbob, March 08, 2010, 12:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

Where can I find that chart that shows how to lay out the cuts on the end grain? There was a chart I saw a loooong time ago ( Looong beofre the internet!!) that explained about 1/4 sawn and how to manage the log to get the correct end grain patterns for the boards being cut. Something about cupping...very vague.....

Chuck White

There are several posts here on FF that explain how to quarter saw a log.

Do a search on quarter sawn logs.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mrcaptainbob

Thanks, Chuck. Will go that route.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mrcaptainbob

Very good info. I did a simple Yahoo search for 1/4 sawn wood, found info on Wise Geek, and also learned about rift sawn wood. Thanks again, Chuck. The scottbanbury site was also informative. Neighbor and I are learning LOTS!

Chuck White

Glad I was able to help. ;)

Take Care.

Thank You Sponsors!