iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Planning next trip - Rorotonga (again)

Started by Ianab, May 23, 2014, 09:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Very nice topical sunset from the plane on the way over :)

Got in at a more sociable 9pm local time. Means there is someone at the rental car desk. On the 1am flight, they just leave a car in the carpark with your name taped in the window and the key under the mat. :D

Just waiting for everyone else to wake up. Sun is coming out, and I'm sure the kids will want to go paddling in the sea as soon as they wake up.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Local wildlife. This is in the lagoon in front of the house. Not a prime dive spot, but actually a fair number of fish to see.

Panorama shot from the lagoon

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

tule peak timber

WOW, stunning. I dove for most of my life and sometimes I miss it !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

LeeB

Nice. makes me all the more exited for Lindy and I's trip to Belize at the end of Oct. Not going to the coast though but it's only 1 1/2 hour drive away. Belize is a pretty small country.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

Taylor is starting to look like a blond local  :D

Ianab

Dinner and show last night with local music and dancing.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Ianab

Paddling around in waist deep water in front of the house this afternoon.

I count 9 fish in the picture. I was just sitting there for maybe 5 minutes until they started to ignore me and swim around normally.

LeeB

I see nine of them too. Didn't take me five minutes to count them though.  :D

Ianab

Well it's almost midnight here. All packed and the house tidied up. Got to be gone by 6am to catch the plane home. :(

Lots mre pics to post but wiĺl do that after we get home. Have the time and bandwidth again.

LeeB

Vacations are nice and we are always sad when they end but there's no place like home.

Ianab

All unpacked, and still missing the warmth  :D

Going through and backing up all the camera memory cards, sorting and editing pics etc.

Watching the sunset with Lil at Blackrock.

Ianab

Lil making out like she is a craft beer expert.

Enjoying some of their product at Sails Restaurant looking out over Muri beach.

Seafood platter for 2. Curried Octopus, grilled mussels, scallops, prawns, seared marlin steaks, ika mata (raw yellowfin tuna marinated in lemon and coconut cream) and some assorted stuff to fill in the gaps.

Magicman

That platter would have confused me.   :o   :D

sandhills

Me too MM, but I'd still love to eat it!  :)

Ianab

Still sorting through pictures.

But this is a little video clip from snorkelling in the lagoon in front of the house. Had to go out maybe 100m towards the reef where there was live coral in the lagoon. But no shortage of fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNB5X9h23c4

Carson-saws

Ianab...spent 3 weeks in NZ. Fantastic Country.  Loved Christchurch, Rotorua and the boiling mud pit cooked dinners. 
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Ianab

Cook Islands is technically another country, but it feels like a warmer and much more laid back version of NZ.  :D

Our next trip, which we have just booked is a Road Trip around the South Island. Pretty much all of it, in 3 weeks, over Christmas and New Year. I'll start a new thread when we hit the road for that one is it should have some pretty amazing pictures. Scenery around the South Island is some of the best in the world.

Sneak preview - this place it on your itinerary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGSrS_2R6I

Magicman

Carson-saws

Forgot to mention the "D B Dark"  good stuff.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!