iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ky wood expo 2013

Started by bigred1951, November 19, 2012, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

im not sure if im allowed to post this or not but i have never heard about this before so looked it up and read about it and figured i would post for the one next year coming up..i just copyed and paste this from their website about it..
The Kentucky Forest Industries Association is excited to announce the 2013 Kentucky Wood will take place on September 20 & 21 at our new location in Lexington, KY.  The show will be held at Masterson Station Park which is located on the western side of town along Leestown Road.  The new location is central to the state and the site has an abundance of indoor and outdoor space to accommodate all types of exhibitors.  The Lexington area is conveniently located and offers a number of local attractions and excellent dining and hotel facilities throughout the area. 

The Kentucky Wood Expo is a regional show that offers an excellent chance to reach a wide range of people in the hardwood industry from loggers to sawmills to finished wood product manufacturers.  Some of the new activities at the show will include additional programs and exhibitors targeted to reach forest landowners, arborists and finished wood processing.  The new location makes the show central to a large number of people in the wood industry throughout the region.   

The traditional show activities will also take place with plans in place for lumberjack, knuckleboom loader and skidder competitions.  Logger training will also be offered along with added educational opportunities for all those in attendance.  Of course plenty of great food, local entertainment, silent auction and a children's educational program will make the Expo exciting for the entire family to attend. 

Exhibitor layout and specific attendee information will be available for distribution in early 2013.  If you need additional information before then please contact the KFIA office or email Michele@kfia.org 

I know im gonna try to be there since i live about an hour away from lexington..maybe see some of you all there

tractormanNwv

I blast through Morehead and Winchester just about every week heading to Alabama, and Mississippi. Maybe it'll work out I can stop in there myself.

Jim

thecfarm

Might be like the one in Bangor Maine,in May of 2013. all the big brands sawmills will be there and for the last 2 times a 1000 hp chipper was in action. Lots and lots of wood stuff to look at. skidders,tractors set up for the woods,chainsaws.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

bigred

Looks like a good time.

Did you follow these directions for posting an event? Just thought you would want to know.  ;)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,11098.0.html

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Part_Timer

Katie and I did that show for Peterson's one year and had a blast.  The show is a lot of fun and vendors are very easy to get along with.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

bigred1951

it would be nice to get some mills there showing their stuff like timberking, ez, woodmizer and so on.. it would be even better if there was a circle mill or two there.. its a long ways away but im already excited  8)

timberjackrob

thats great news im just an hour south of lexington i have attended the show in the past at bowling green and once in morehead i hope i  can make it this year!
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Thank You Sponsors!