iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood-mizer lt70 vs timberking 2400

Started by missouriboy, June 14, 2012, 01:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouriboy

I am going to get a mill and edger and a resaw. I need a mill that can cut pallet lumber and cants and need to do it with a high output. Which one of these beast has the highest output. I just need some numbers

Bibbyman

I'd double or triple up on the resaw and cut back on the mill.

I don't know if there are any TK 2400s in the field.  I've never saw one outside TK development lab.  Anyone have one?  Anyone seen one?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Misfit

There's a guy in southern BC, Bruce Baker, who owns a TK2400. There's a video of him on TK's website. (Not the same guy as Brucer who regularly posts on here)
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

ladylake

I'd guess there's some TK 2400 mills out there but with the TK 2000 not that far behind in log capacity  (36" easy) and priced at almost half as much it would be hard to justify a TK 2400. The 2400 would have a diesel, larger band wheels and a wider band.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Bibbyman

Will you be breaking down big logs?

If not, maybe a scrag mill and multi head resaw would be more productive.

Have you seen the WM small log system? Looks very productive but would be pricy.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Migal

LogMaster has some really sweet machines too  8) for large logs
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Solomon

You might want to look at Logmaster mills.   Logmaster.com
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

bandmiller2

Missouri,their are some ripper deals on modern circular mills now,if your going to be stationary,they will outproduce any small band.  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!