iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mobile mechanic rates

Started by mike_belben, January 17, 2019, 04:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

Mike did ya grab the snow plow in the first pic???
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mike_belben

Nah it dont hardly snow where i live.  And thats like a 12ft poly highway plow.  Its all for sale, springfield mass. 
Praise The Lord

luvmexfood

Not sure if I will be back anytime soon. Still more to do once the contractor gets more work done but I think another crew will be doing it. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

mike_belben

Well hollar at me if youre ever back, theres lots of mexican food in town, and a 50/50 chance ill be in the same state.

Boy got a special delivery on his birthday.  And dad got a pile of his 8x8 project home.

Praise The Lord

CrossHead

Quote from: Corley5 on January 27, 2019, 01:58:46 PM
 Good mobile mechanics are in short supply around here.  Not many will work on forestry equipment.
 I had a really bad experience with a local mobile mechanic who supposedly specializes in forestry equipment.  He came well recommended and had a good line of BS.  What should have been less than a couple hundred dollars worth of parts became a $20,000.00 repair bill.  Really.  Long story.  Too long to tell in it's entirety in writing.  The 2nd guy came highly recommended.  I hired him to put the thing back together and make it work again after telling the first to $%%$##%%.  He got it back together and then wouldn't come back to finish the job.  Wouldn't return messages etc.  One message was "if you don't want to finish the job let me know and I'll find someone else.  It's not a big deal"  He wouldn't even respond to that.  I got a hold of CrossTrac Equipment http://crosstrac.net/  They have a place in Gaylord.  Very professional, knowledgeable staff.  They finished it up and diagnosed and fixed the original problem after the thing still wouldn't work with all the new stuff.  Real nightmare.
 I don't know what Crosstrac charges an hour.  They do have a minimum charge of $175.00.

Corley5:
What kind of machine was this?

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

A mobile mechanic is going to charge flat rate for travel time plus hourly while on the job. This ain't gonna come cheap. Can you not get it towed to a local shop?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

Quote from: wildtmpckjzg on November 17, 2023, 10:45:50 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a mobile mechanic to help me in the Epsom area... I have tried everything with fixing this car and now it won't run at all..!
Epsom area ?? is where?

Found this for Epsom
QuoteEpsom is a town in the Borough of Epsom and Ewell in Surrey, England,
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kodiakmac

There's a local lad who had wrenched in Alberta and BC for ten years on forestry and industrial jobs.  He's got a day job in a shop for an area construction company; but he's glad to come out with his truck for $45 CDN (33 USD) per hour .... and we're glad to pay him!
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

barbender

I'd be more than happy to pay that price, too!
Too many irons in the fire

chevytaHOE5674

As a mechanic myself I'd leave my tools in the box and pay a competent guy $33 an hour and watch him work.. haha

That's too cheap for an "in shop" rate let alone a mobile guy.

BargeMonkey

70 bucks an hr for our guy, at the "old customer" rate. 

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

kiko

I charge more than that and I am weeks or months out for customers other than the regulars.

Kodiakmac

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on November 27, 2023, 12:43:27 PM
As a mechanic myself I'd leave my tools in the box and pay a competent guy $33 an hour and watch him work.. haha

$45 cash without deductions is darned good money in this part of the country.  It's $10 more an hour than what he's making at his day job; and there is probably close to $10 carved off that hourly rate for income tax, Unemployment Insurance, workman's compensation, etc.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

dairyguy

Quote from: Kodiakmac on November 28, 2023, 12:37:09 PM
Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on November 27, 2023, 12:43:27 PM

$45 cash without deductions is darned good money in this part of the country.  It's $10 more an hour than what he's making at his day job; and there is probably close to $10 carved off that hourly rate for income tax, Unemployment Insurance, workman's compensation, 
Its that way in my area too.   But that tool truck costs money to drive and a lot more money than fuel.

barbender

I realize things are different regionally, but a mobile service truck is a fixed cost. They are expensive wherever you go. If that kid is working for $45/hr he isn't covering the cost of his service truck. Also, I'd love to have him in my area😁

Kodiakmac

Quote from: barbender on November 28, 2023, 04:22:12 PM
I realize things are different regionally, but a mobile service truck is a fixed cost. They are expensive wherever you go. If that kid is working for $45/hr he isn't covering the cost of his service truck. Also, I'd love to have him in my area😁
Oh, don't worry.  He's already covered it ... and then some.  He had it all bought and paid for well before he left Alberta.  :)

Firewoodjoe

Still have to recoup the money invested. 

$100-$150 here. Some higher. A lot of shop time is 120. 

carpet56238

It sounds like you're looking for a way out of that exhausting gig at the quarry. Maybe you can talk to your boss and explain the misunderstanding about the hours? If that doesn't work, finding a service body could definitely open up some options for you.

Magicman

Quote from: dairyguy on November 28, 2023, 02:44:37 PMBut that tool truck costs money to drive and a lot more money than fuel.
I just got my work truck back from the shop yesterday.  I replaced a coil, wire, plugs, etc. on one cylinder in August @ $423.  This time it was two coils, etc. @ $640.  This is makes a total of 4 coils replaced so when the next one goes out, I'll replace the remaining 4.  

I charge the customer 50ยข per mile which hardly covers the fuel & oil changes but it does help.  Yes, trucks cost money to operate. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

He bought and paid for that truck in Alberta, and now he is giving it away to people a little at a time when he does a service call. 

Really no different than if he put money in a piggy bank, and now when he does service he charges $125 an hour. Then take $80 hour out of the piggy bank and give it to the customer, so they only end up paying $45/hr🤷

Kodiakmac

Geez.  I hope he never tunes into Forestry Forum! :D

barbender

We'll have him up to $100 an hour just like that😂😂  Just out of pure jealousy that we don't have a $45/hr mobile mechanic😂😂 Do you have his name and cell#?😁

Gearbox

Bobcat in Duluth MN is at $153 an hour and you have to haul it there. If i had to work on the new Bobcats I would want more than that .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Thank You Sponsors!