iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 075av bar and chain

Started by ericduff24, December 05, 2011, 01:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericduff24

hello everyone. i have a 075av stihl that i aquired and have a question. the bar is a macullaugh which was machined to fit my stihl. what is the best way to tighten a chain on these big bars?? it is 31" long but about 8" wide . i have seen some folks turn the saw upside down and then set the tension on the chain. thank you in advance for any help

ericduff24

hello again. does anyone know of a place to get new chain and i would like one bar about 47" and one about 25" .

JohnG28

Check with Baileys, a forum sponsor.  You should be able to find the bar size your looking for and they will make chains any size you need.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

T Welsh

ericduff24, Stick it on a bench and put something under the bar nose so it takes the weight off the bar and then tighten until you can just pull one drive link out of the groove,the long bars tend to need a little tweaking with the bar adjustments until you get it just right. runs freely and does not bind and does not free wheel by itself! I second Baileys,in fact I just opened a shipment from them today ;D (I,m a kid in the candy store) Tim

islandlogger

I third the Baileys advice...
And I second T Welsh's "kid in a candy store" I opened one of my Baileys shipments last week  8)

islandlogger

Thank You Sponsors!