iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

small rifle primers

Started by bluffman2, December 13, 2020, 09:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluffman2

how you guys been, I have had 2 heart attacks and 8 stents since march but im feeling good..... just reaching out to see if small rifle primers are extinct everywhere else or is it just here.....looked around for a few hundred and couldnt find a one.......merry christmas you all....

Magicman

No primers but it is good to hear from you.  The best thing about the heart attacks and stints is that you are still kicking!!  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bluffman2

yea, i was in bad shape for a while, but im working 50 hours a week and im pushing more paper and pointing more fingers now.....How are you and Mrs Pat doing? 

doc henderson

they have gone the way of toilet paper, and bleach.  good luck.  you will pay 2 to 3 times the usual amount for all things ammo, at least till the next election.  glad you came through OK.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

bluffman2

LOL....i got truckloads of TP,bleach and sanitizer, literally 18 wheeler truckloads...but no primers

trapper

All reloading components are scarce now.  Was looking for powder tonight. I was able to order a pound from cabelas but most powder and bullets are out of stock at most places.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Skip

None here, some of the area sale papers have them once in a while ,asking and getting stupid money . :P :o

Tacotodd

Heck, I've even got a man coming all the way from MS to get some powder from me for an un-named cartridge. I'm only letting him to get it because:1 he's my wife's stepfather and 2 I LIKE him. If it weren't for these reasons, he'd have to suffer. Not trying to be mean, just conservative until ......?
Trying harder everyday.

goose63

The last time we had this big shortage and came back to normal I started buying Ibet Inow have 40.000 primers and 200 lbs of powder and atleast 100.000 rounds of ammo.

The fire dept said I'm on my owm if i have a fire out here.
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

I haven't reloaded anything in quite a while, (couple years) but I still have about 2,500 primers and about 25 pounds of assorted powder!

I've recently been in a few gunshops, they are all out of most reloading supplies, and what they do have, has a ridiculous price on it, and loaded ammo is priced out of this world!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

trapper

I was able to buy a couple pounds of powder that can be used in everything i load not best choice for some loads but they are all in the book.  A friend bought a 380 for him and his wife.  dealer didnt have any ammo for them.  I am giving him a box so he will have something.  still have a couple hundred for myself.  have over 1000 primers.  Seems like primers are unavailable. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

btulloh

Components are scarce or non-existent in the stores here.  This thread made me go check my stock to see what I have on hand.  Enough of everything for now because I'm just loading enough for hunting and varmint control.  If I started working up a new load I'd probably be a little light on primers, but I'm pretty happy with my current loads for everything except the 30-30's.  Started trying to work up some new loads with those Hornady FTX pointy bullets and  the Lever Revolution powder, but never got a load I was happy with.  Haven't worked on it for two or three years.

I guess components are like toilet paper and paper towels, but probably won't come back on the shelves as quick.

I have a few cases of FMJ 223 ammo I'd like to sell off at today's distress prices, but I haven't put any effort into it.  Guess I'll just have it if I need it, but I could do with a lot less of that right now.
HM126

Southside

M855?  Might know a guy who would take some of that off your hands.  ;)
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

It's the PMC stuff and similar.  

I have found the PMC brass to be better than expected for reloads, although I stick with Lapua for my .223 bolt gun (which is the one I really care about - I'm just not a big semi-auto fan.)
HM126

jb616

I would be willing to take some small pistol primers off someone's hands if they have too much....been looking for a couple months. I have pretty much everything else that I need. 

ron barnes

I have been looking for large rifle primers for a couple of months.  Starting to reload 30-06 and have everything else.  I can find powder locally and bullets at Bass Pro/Cabellas on line.  Ammo is a tough.  Gun shop had several boxes of 9mm at $85.00 per box.  Glad I don't have a 9mm.  30-06 rounds were $60.00 per box.  Too expensive.

jb616

I ended up getting my small pistol primers from a local reloading shop but the Cabela's by me doesn't have anything. I am reluctant to order primers or powder online because of the extra Hazmat charges. I have enough large rifle primers for my .30-06 but not any extra. 

ron barnes

I went to the local Cabela's yesterday morning.  Got there a few minutes before opening time.  There were 14 people in front of me.  Of course they didn't have anything.

ron barnes

I received a call this morning from one of the local gun shop/pawn shop saying that they had large rifle primers.  Got there real quick.  Would only sell by the brick of 1,000 for $350.00.  Wouldn't break case/brick.  I walked.

doc henderson

looks like ron left before typing the last word.   :)  hope he gets some, the other issue is everything in short supply, it costs 3 times normal.  
edit:  looks like it is complete now.  ;D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

btulloh

Quote from: ron barnes on February 10, 2021, 01:55:55 PMWould only sell by the brick of 1,000 for $350.00

That's an exceptionally good deal!  For him! :o  I just looked up what I paid for the last ones I bought.  Came to $0.036 each for Large Rifle (match grade) primers and I only bought 200 at the time.  So his price seems very reasonable ridiculous at 10x the price.

Maybe I should sell some excess inventory??  But then again, better hang on to it.  I would help a neighbor or friend if they were in a jam.

My inventory of both components and store-bought ammo is at a pretty decent level.  Like mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd look like an arsenal on the evening news.  But so would anyone that hunts and shoots recreationally.  If I'm attacked by a battalion of clay birds, I'd be ready for that too.  Probably need some support with the loading though.  Those clay birds can overrun your position pretty fast when they go on the attack. :o 
HM126

Chuck White

I would walk too, at the price Ron was given!    ::)   :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Texas Ranger

Kind of like that belted length of 5.56, 200 rounds of armor piercing , went for $1600.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

I noticed an ad in the "Free Trader" paper yesterday, someone had posted an ad wanting to sell small pistol & large pistol primers for $15.00/100

Makes me glad that I have all of the primers that I'll ever need!

Claybraker

I'm probably ok on components for now. Last year when Colt reintroduced the Python, I thought I'd pick one up when they started to hit the local gun stores. $1500 list seems fair enough. On gun broker asking price is in the $2200 range. I can wait. CZ just bought Colt so now it's going to run by a firearms company instead of a hedge fund. I own a few CZ firearms and been very pleased with them. I can see a CZolt in my future. 

Thank You Sponsors!