iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey

Started by Ljohnsaw, May 03, 2021, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Too late now as we've all had at least our first shot of Pfizer, but curious about people's experiences.  I went back to read the Just the Facts, Crown Virus thread but not everyone said what shot they got, so I thought we might try a little poll.  You can vote up to two selections to log your first and second shot reactions.

Feel free to elaborate on your post if I didn't cover your specific experience.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ljohnsaw

Looks like the poll is working.  I got both Pfizer shots with no side effects.  I'm Type O neg blood type, if that makes a difference.  My two kids got their first shots with no side effects.  They are both type O, one + and one -.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I had the JJ shot, no problems at all. Arm did hurt for maybe an hour, but that was it. So far no blood clots.  :o  ::) I have bad lungs so that is really why I got the shot. Will let you know in 10 years how the shot really works. Not saying nothing bad, but no one knows for sure about all this. Both the covid and the shots.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

I had the Moderna, some discomfort in my arm a day or two later and felt a little fatigue but that was it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

snobdds

I'm fairly young and in good physical shape.   1st Moderna shot was just a sore arm.  The next shot i was fine until a day later.  Was working in the shop and felt dizzy and light headed, so went home.   Got the chills and then a good fever.   Woke up next day and all was gone except for a headache.   What a weird experience.  

I guess it's a sign of a good immune system and having a memory to attack other spike type proteins...which covid is.

Jdock

I got the Pfizer shot, sore arm for a couple days but no other side effects. Second one might have been a little less sore than the first but neither one was much more than annoying.

Chuck White

I got the Pfizer vaccine, first shot arm was a little tender for about a day and a half, same results with the second shot, 3 weeks later!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doc henderson

nice tally.  remember the headache, muscle aches, tired feeling, sore arm, fever, are the mild good side effects.  pulmonary embolism, anaphylaxis and death are the serious ones.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Stephen1

I am going to keep an eye on this . I have not had the shot's. I am in Ontario,lots of C19 here but 2 hrs away from me. We live in a very secluded location and we practise good protocol even when we are at the shop. 
Canada has also chosen to give 1 shot and then wait 4 months for the booster shot which I am not in favour of, so we will wait untill we can the shots based on the manufactures guidlines. Something along the lines of taking antibiotics, take it all untill it is finnished .
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

21incher

Pfizer.  First shot sore arm a couple  weeks,  1 day of chills and  tiredness,  headaches on and off for 2 weeks. Second shot almost 3 days of chills, fever, tiredness, headaches, and a sore arm. Then my joints were extremely  achy for about a week after that. Felt  like when I had lyme. Everything is fine  now. My wife  only  had a sore arm for a couple days from both shots.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Wudman

Moderns here for the family.  No issues other than a sore spot from round 1.  For round 2, my daughter (20) got pretty ill about 2 hours after the shot.  She was sick for about 10 hours and bounced right back.  My wife felt crappy for a couple of days.  I was fine on day one following the shot, but felt a bit sluggish on day 2.  I think I dehydrated myself a bit working following the shot, so that may have been the bigger issue for me.

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Ed_K

Rita has had both shots of Pfizer, and she not happy with the outcome. She got the sore arm for a day with both jabs, but didn't get the headache, chills, fever or tiredness. Said that she was told if you get these you would know that the vaccine was working. She still thinks I got a mild case of the virus in Nov 2019. I had gone to HD to get a piece of 1/4" plywood and worked with a guy to cut it in 1/2. I've been wearing a mask since 2016 when going to town but I got a case of bronchitis anyways, that she thinks was c19.
Ed K

firefighter ontheside

I had my shots of Pfizer back in January and February.  I got a fairly bad headache the night after first shot and minor headache the day after my second shot.  I was happy to see some affect to know it was working, but was happy to not have side affects that would have sidelined me.  My wife had her shots before me and I think all she had was some tiredness.

Do any of you get the surveys from CDC about side affects of the shots?  For a while it was every day, then it was once a week.  I assumed they were done asking me how I was doing, but then yesterday I got a survey after months without one.  Just asked how I felt in general and if I felt less healthy, same or more healthy than I did before the shots.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

remember the placebo effect.  we are all hearing about the side effects, and that enhances the placebo side effects.  18% of people who got a shot of salt water as a control, also had a headache.  Ed. I think you wife is just tougher than the rest of us.  The pre-covid "covid" cases are unlikely, as their should of been a huge outbreak surrounding those cases as we took no precautions.  we did not yet know.  the original cases when it started were contact traced.  You would of had a visit from guys in black SUVs.  carry on.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on May 05, 2021, 08:41:49 AM
Do any of you get the surveys from CDC about side affects of the shots?   .
Not yet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: thecfarm on May 05, 2021, 09:40:30 PM
Quote from: firefighter ontheside on May 05, 2021, 08:41:49 AM
Do any of you get the surveys from CDC about side affects of the shots?   .
Not yet.
If you did not sign up for it right away, I don't think you'll get it.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

clearcut

First shot - sore arm, second shot - sore arm, a bit tired. I did however, feel an overwhelming urge to restart, in order to install updates. 
Carbon sequestered upon request.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Stephen1 on May 04, 2021, 11:33:47 AM
I am going to keep an eye on this . I have not had the shot's. I am in Ontario,lots of C19 here but 2 hrs away from me. We live in a very secluded location and we practise good protocol even when we are at the shop.
Canada has also chosen to give 1 shot and then wait 4 months for the booster shot which I am not in favour of, so we will wait untill we can the shots based on the manufactures guidlines. Something along the lines of taking antibiotics, take it all untill it is finnished .
Same here, I take my own measures with keeping safe, I’m not even going to get the shot unless something unforeseen changes. The city 2 hours away is ravaged from covid but over the last year there has only been a handful of cases out here. And I only really am in danger of getting covid once a week if that, I hardly go into town. Just seems unnecessary for me. Just don’t make sense to me for me to inject some foreign substance into me when I most likely won’t ever come into contact with the covid anyway, and if I did I am healthy and 99%_+ survival rate for
My age group.
A1

Skip

Surveys used to come once a week, now just once in awhile .Got 2nd Pfizer 2nd week to March .

Paul_H

A long time customer, seemingly healthy just got the Moderna vacc and 12 hours later died of an apparent cardiac arrest
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

doc henderson

not sure how it is there, but here there would be a post mortem exam with an explanation.  keep us in the loop if you find out more.  we should not assume it was from the shot, but I am sure it is being looked into.  with millions getting vaccinated, what are the odds someone could die just after the shot?  low but with that many given, it could be coincidental and unrelated.  or it could be from the shot combined with an unknown underlying condition.  or an unknown side effect of the vaccine.  even if it causes death at one in a million, it is safer than the disease.  it will be good to know the true cause.

Paul_H

12 hours later he's room temperature.
My friend John was in here this morning and his friends in Vancouver, husband and wife both got their shots together two weeks ago and she had a stroke and is fighting for her life. Again could be coincidence.

Covid and it's cure both seem to be hard on those with underlying conditions,hopefully they can screen those at risk .

firefighter ontheside

We just had one of our vendors here today doing some decals on one of our firetrucks.  He is also a fulltime firefighter at a different department.  In February he had Covid and spent a long time in the hospital.  He still has not returned back to work as a firefighter.  He has 50% diminished lung capacity as a side affect from covid.  Did he survive?  Yes.  Has he recovered?  No.  He may never.  He was a healthy, non smoker man about 40 I'd say.  He had no known comorbidities.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Paul_H

The old saying six of one half dozen of another comes to mind

gspren

Any of us that have been around for a bunch of years and that's most of us should be able to remember seemingly healthy people that died for what seemed like no reason. I'm talking before covid you'd hear of heart attacks, annurisms, etc killing someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s that was slim, athletic, non smoker/drinker and peoples nature is to "blame" it on something they did, well now those deaths are blamed on either covid or the vaccine when it was just going to happen anyway. That's my opinion and if you are looking for an excuse to do or not to do the vaccine it's easy either way.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!