iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

064 Mag

Started by Jherzberg, July 29, 2021, 09:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jherzberg

I loved working with my grandpas 064 Mag cutting firewood the saw was a beast.  Sadly it burned in a fire but I have his 075.

HemlockKing

I karate chop my rounds into splits 
A1

sawguy21

Welcome aboard! Pour a coffee and sit a spell. I wrenched on and cut with 075's and learned to hate them. Slow, heavy and vibrated to pieces. If I need anything bigger than grampas 064 somebody else can do the cutting, I am too old for that nonsense! ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old saw fixer

MS462CM is as big as I am going!  If I could get my hands on a new MS400CM I'd sell the low hour 462!
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

HemlockKing

Biggest saw I've owned is the 500i. I've had it for a month or 2 and it's all I'd ever need on my 100 acres. Almost got a 661 as well. Definitely couldn't justify a saw like a 881 around here, even for milling, 30" wood max
A1

Al_Smith

I've only seen two 075's  in my life time .A guy who went by the handle of "Computer User " from near Detroit brought one and an 076 to a GTG in southern Indiana .I ran it ,had a lot of power for certain .He ran my 2100S Homelite and was a tad apprehensive with it . Those big old torquers came from a time of old growth cutting .The reason they last so  long is any more they don't see much action .

Real1shepherd

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 29, 2021, 11:46:33 AM
Welcome aboard! Pour a coffee and sit a spell. I wrenched on and cut with 075's and learned to hate them. Slow, heavy and vibrated to pieces. If I need anything bigger than grampas 064 somebody else can do the cutting, I am too old for that nonsense! ;D
I started fallin' with a 075. I didn't know any better until my mentor put a Husky 2100 in my hands.

Whatever you took apart on the 075, you'd better put it back with Loctite, or it would be on the forest floor somewhere. Heavy, slow and unruly boat anchor.

Kevin

Al_Smith

Chainsaws are just like automobiles, they've evolved . For example a '57 Chevy is iconic but back in the day needed an engine rebuild at about 50,000 miles and got 15 miles per gallon .Even the cheapest automobile made today will go over 100,000 plus nearly always start and do 25-30 MPG  .The Chevy wasn't so forgiving and user friendly .
Those big  but powerful old saws did what they were designed to do factoring the tech knowledge of the times .I've got 7 or 8 saws 99 cc's or larger including the often mentioned 2100 Husqvarna and 084 Stihl  .For all intents they are shelf queens .They all work BTW .For most intents these are collectors and restorers saws now of days .

Thank You Sponsors!