iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting part time Jobs at Home Depot and Lowes today.

Started by axeman2021, August 01, 2021, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axeman2021

Maybe some of you older forum members might be thinking of getting a part time job, at Home Depot and Lowes.

Let me tell you what I found out first you don't walk in and apply it's done online using their computers or from your home computer, and even if you think your at their Web sites your not.

Both Home Depot and Lowes use third party's to screen  people applying for jobs, these third parties take you information name address SS number and other types of information, they give you assessments "tests" that your judged for correct answers and time it took you to finish.

If you look good to the person looking at your file and they feel you might be what their client is wanting to hire, you will get an interview at the store, now your going to speak with a real human maybe a Dept. manager where they ask you questions and you explain what you can do for them, if the interview gos well you get an offer and a background check is run on you this is where things get handled somewhat differently.

You might be thinking because you were hired to do the work you know you can do, it's not as simple as you just hitting the hard floor and getting into the work, this is where the people in the H.R. Dept. get their hand on you, and you find out these Companies have bought programs of Computer Training and this training has nothing to do with what you were hired for but you are going to have to deal with it.

What you find out then there is a lot of long hours you are required to spend on this mind numbing Computer training, you see these people in H.R are paid to run employees through this worthless training.

This will give you some insight as how getting a job today at Home Depot and Lowes works. today.

lxskllr

I'm not sure stage 1 even has a human looking at the application/assessment. Dunno about hardware, but a lot of white collar stuff is handled by a computer, and you can be rejected with no human input at all. Statistically, it's probably good for the business, but they'll also lose some good matches that don't look quite as good at first glance, or weren't accounted for in the algorithms.

Crusarius

Sears was exactly the same way when I worked there.

lxskllr is absolutely correct. anytime you apply for a job on indeed or anything else they are run through a digital scanner to look for keywords. if you do not have those keywords your application is rejected and trashed even before anyone with the resemblance of a pulse sees it.

And just for more fun most companies hiring want to give you a lowball offer get you to start and just drop you at a desk and expect you to be 100% productive instantly.

The ADMIN EDIT need to wakeup!!!! Sorry for the rant. been looking for a job for a very long time have tons of resumes out there and only ever received one call. Worst thing is all the managers thing if you do not have a lifetime of debt and a bachelors degree you are dumb and they won't hire you.

Real1shepherd

Algorithms and job hiring.....all for the purpose of making a few people happy in HR. It's amazing to think the local slugs here that work @HD went through any of this process mentioned. One employee @HD recently told me that he gets "lost in his own store." I said well, how is there any hope then for the rest of us just shopping here?

I think Walmart has a similar process, although I'm betting they are more lenient and/or are made to favor minority quotas. When pushed by the press for their working conditions and other labor violations, Walmart spokespeople always defect to;"If it weren't for us hiring these people, no one else would."

Well, thank you Walmart for being the great humanitarians you are! 8)  

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!