iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidsteer bucket volume

Started by Sawyerfortyish, June 13, 2002, 11:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

How much is .65 meters in yards were trying to figure out how to measure mulch when someone wants a pickup load. The dictionary says that a yard =.91meters the tag on my bucket says it's volume is .65 meters so if  I devide .65by .91
I get .71 so this would be just under 3/4 of a yard is this right? :-/ :)

Tom

That sounds good to me.

You shouldn't have to worry about heaping it up in the bucket anyway. :D

Jeff

Save yourself some headaches. Charge by the scoop. Thats what we do. We have 2 size buckets. a price for each.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Does the dictionary say a yard is .91 meters, or a cu. yd is .91 cu. mtr?  I think there would be a difference.
Also, I think you would multiply your yards by your meters.

Notice, I used the phrase "I think" twice. That means I'm not sure.  Maybe one of the mathematical geniuses that frequent this forum can tell you for sure. ::) :P :P :-/ :-/ ??? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin

.65 Cubic meters equals 0.850168 Cubic yards

Jeff

Rave, he said mathematical genius.

Kevin

Rant,
That`s why I responded.  ???

Tom

What ya really need to do is get a bucket that is measured in yards.  Then it wouldn't be so confusing. :D :D

Sawyerfortyish

My skidsteer is made by Case you would think they would use  American measherments :) ;)

woodmills1

ah yes volume and the crazy way we use words.  as for the .65 meter bucket, that is .65 cubic meters, much like a yard of concrete is really a cubic yard.  so, the conversion factor from the dictionary, which is one linear yard = .91 linear meters, must be applied three times, one each for length, width, and thickness.  .65 cubic meters divided by the cube of (.91 meters per yard) gives .8625 yards cubed. the conversion of .85 is probably more accurate because the .91 number is rounded.  

and remember a yard of carpet is really a square yard

now if i could just find my 100 foot of shore line with the sky hook on the end.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Sawyerfortyish

We were planning on selling it by the bucket so we needed to know how much our bucket held to price it competitively with everyone else or at least in the ball park :D ;D

Jeff

A standard size pick-up load. 3 yards heaped.  Standard pick-up load with open sun roof?  Thats about 3.25 yards.

Tom

woodman

Is that with the driver in or out of the cab. :D :D :)
Jim Cripanuk

Haytrader

My YARD needs mowed and my BUCKET holds whatever the cow gives........... ;D
Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!