iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look Who Stopped By...

Started by Ruffneck, May 21, 2016, 11:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffneck

I was out for the evening stroll with my new cat the other night when I had that feeling something was watching me... :)

I'm glad I remembered my cat, she just about became a meal :o

When you feel like something is watching you in the woods, there is probably something watching you:
https://youtu.be/cse6nHmMm4k 

I believe it's a Barred Owl

Chuck White

You've got my vote!

Owls like cat-size and smaller meals!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Sure would be nice to be able to pivot my head around like that!
Glad you saved your cat from becoming an owl pellet
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Very nice.  You are fortunate to capture that much head movement.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I wouldn't mind if an owl grabbed a few of the cats I see on our farm, we haven't had a cat in years but they show up from somewhere.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

I had one seem quite unconcerned as I walked by one morning, I didn't have a camera. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ruffneck

Hello Forestry Forum friends, it's been a long while since I've stopped by to visit.
I think this is the same owl, he stopped by the other day. There's a drastic change from the first video where you can hear all the birds flying around... He targeted my bird feeder and has taken all the critters out except for two hummingbirds... That feeder has been up for years... No more bird-feeders for me, except the hummingbirds of course.

https://youtu.be/veusU0z89TI

The barred owl is very destructive to the critters. They are responsible for more spotted owl deaths then any logger. I'm not sure of my local regulations, but know they will dispatch the barred owl to control their damage.

Czech_Made

Wow, seen owls in the woods and big horned lives near by but never knew they would hunt over a bait like that.

Dave Shepard

We have owls. Not sure which kind, but they are killing the farm cats.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

We have a bumper crop of Barred (Hoot) Owls this year. I love to hear them talking on the ridges behind and around us. I wish they'd spend more time around my barn and help reduce my mouse problems there.

My neighbor up the holler is pretty certain they basically wiped out his rabbit crop which mostly ran free around his home. I would not have thought they were much of threat to an adult cat although I am pretty sure they would take a kitten. I'd have thought a fox squirrel or cottontail would be the normal upper limit of their normal food choices.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!