iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota M4900 anyone?

Started by 47sawdust, February 14, 2020, 10:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

pineywoods

Have an old M4700, a bit of an odd ball, uses a 5 cyl engine. Homebuilt logging winch on the back, aftermarket fel with pallet forks on front. Only problems in 15 years - battery and one front tire, OK a few busted hydraulic hoses but that's all add on stuff. I did top off the fuel tank with gasoline once and it didn't like that. Bought it used 15 years ago to use to support a woodmizer sawmill, It's been a good trouble free machine.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

SawyerTed

I have an MX5100.  It's a great tractor for what it will do.  It's basically a 50 hp tractor.  My only complaints are the lift capacity of the loader and it is light in the rear end even with loaded tires.  I've had no repairs in nine years.  Just regular maintenance.  

Mine has been used mainly for raking and baling hay, rotary mowing, food plot prep, garden prep, hauling firewood and lately some log handling.  It just won't handle logs much over 22-24" easily.

My BIL has an MX5700.  It is a heavier tractor. He used it mainly for running the disc mower and baler. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!