iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sequoia, what do you do with it?

Started by Gilman, January 27, 2005, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

I got a small truck load of Sequoia coming and am wondering what I should make with it.

This Sequoia came from the Salem, OR area.  Is there a difference in this lumber and sequoia grown in its native climate?

David
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Frank_Pender

Sounds like you are getting down into my country, Gilman.

I have had peopel use it all the way from Adarondack furniture to paneling and ceiling paneling.  
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

David, thank you so very much for driving all the way down here this afternoon.  It was a real pleasure to meet and your partner in crime.  Thanks too, for being patient on the length and time of the tour.  Next time we will spend more time viewing the entire Tree Farm. 8)
Frank Pender

Curlywoods

QuoteDavid, thank you so very much for driving all the way down here this afternoon.  It was a real pleasure to meet and your partner in crime.  Thanks too, for being patient on the length and time of the tour.  Next time we will spend more time viewing the entire Tree Farm. 8)

A visit with Frank is worth the time  ;D  I look forward to my next trip to the Northwest Frank and i will try to set aside most of the day so that I can maybe see if I can be of some assistance working with you if at all possible.

I hope that my son will be able to come down from Tacoma and see what it is that Dad tries to do when he is on vacation :D  He wants to learn more about the lumber business and I want to show him the more glamorous side of it all :D :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Frank_Pender

We can do all of that, for sure Michael.  I could even set up some sort of classroom for the both of you, give out asignments and such and turn you loose fo recess and everything. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Curlywoods

QuoteWe can do all of that, for sure Michael.  I could even set up some sort of classroom for the both of you, give out asignments and such and turn you loose fo recess and everything. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh Frank that would be too much fun  8)

Just like when I was awee lad again  :D :D :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Gilman

Frank,
Thanks for the tour.  It was great getting to meet you and visit your log yard.  I only got one picture, wish I would have gotten more. 

Curly,
If you go visit Frank, he prefers for visitors to arrive unannounce and sneak in through the back of his property.  If he's startly just tell him, "Don't worry, I'm with the county permit department."

Here's Frank running one of his 3? mills.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Thank You Sponsors!