iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chomper simplex 14 cords an hour

Started by HuZzEy, August 29, 2019, 04:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuZzEy

Hey all. I've the chance to buy a chomper 14 the guy has only used for home use and it a new engine due rodent damage question is will it produce a cord an hour thanks all

GRANITEstateMP

HuZzEy,

Is that the shear type processor?  I think they were originally made by Raineer?  Just like anything else, depending on the trees your feeding it, I don't see a problem getting 1 cord an hour out of it. 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

John Mc

When I first read the subject line, I thought, WOW! "14 cords an hour"?! Unbelievable!
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

HuZzEy

Haha if only. I went and tried it out yesterday I feel it will. He let me chomp up a 10" 40ft rock maple and it only took about 6 minutes and my back didn't get sore!!!!! I'm gonna pick it up this weekend coming

GRANITEstateMP

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

I only saw one of them in use. Somewheres in our travels,in Maine,I just saw the top of one by a church. I turned around to get a look at it and someone was using it. I asked if I could watch,being that I never even saw one before in person and he said yes. I like the winching the logs to it part,don't need a piece of equipment to put logs up in the air,than I like once he started to feed it,he could hook up the next log. It was a self feeder.The shear is diffeant too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moodnacreek

Thank You Sponsors!