iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Got the back room moved. Very heavy SOB.

Added dirt and used my backhoe to pack it in. It weight over 13K lbs and did a fine job. This morning I poured three of the five pads.

Tomorrow, I hope to get the last two. Then move the building back in place and tie it into phase two sills.

fishfighter

Back room moved back in place. To get it next to phase two and set, I applied a bunch of grease to some blocks that blocked the building up and just pushed it in place with my backhoe. ;D Worked like a charm. This picture doesn't show it all the way in place, but it is.

I still need to lower it on it's own concrete blocks, but before I do that, the front wall were the door way is will be removed. I will start on that tomorrow.

I did get the decking down on phase two and locked in with phase one.

That shows the back building in place, lined up, but still high.

fishfighter

Got a little work done this weekend and today. I had to remove the front wall to the back building once it was set on it's concrete blocks.

Once that was done, I started framing a couple walls. The heat ran me off.

I still have to tie in the top plates, but wanting to get everything just right. ;D Big gap is for a matching window to phase one.

fishfighter

Been picking at it little by little. All framed up and started hanging some OSB siding. Got to hot to finish that today. :'( Hope to complete that tomorrow and then put some trusses/roof on after I tie in the back bedroom roof line.

beenthere

You are moving right along. Especially with the heat.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

The mornings have been kind of nice, but by 9am, it's just hot. Got all the OBS up this morning and I should be placing the trusses up on top. I have to go look at a bunch of pine logs in the morning to see if they are good. I need some bad. Out of 2x's all together.

beenthere

OBS the same stuff as OSB for Oriented Strand Board ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Yes, guess my typing sucks. ;D

Couple pictures.

fishfighter

Got the trusses sitting up on top. Used the backhoe to lift them up. Nice to have a extendahoe. ;D

The end truss, I had finish it on the ground, covering it with OSB and then tar paper. It too is now resting up on top. By doing this, it made it safer and faster being everything is just so high. I have a reach of 24' with the extendahoe and that was a job to get the trusses up.

I hope to start standing them up in place today.

fishfighter

Started stacking and setting the trusses. If I didn't go up a ladder two thousand times today, maybe 1999. Very hard to set these trusses all by myself and had to take extra steps to get were I'm at with everybody working. :(

I'm dragging like a fat cat, but hope to get them all set tomorrow.

beenthere

Did you spray paint those trusses black for some reason?
south central Wisconsin

fishfighter

I bought them like that. They were treated to keep wood bees from drilling in them.

fishfighter

This morning I double check the trusses and locked them in. After that, I blocked in between rafters and wherever I needed to screw sheetrock to the ceilings. Once that was done, I started stripping the trusses for the metal roof. Call it a day at 12 and when and picked up a couple fresh cut pine logs. And yes, I woke up before 2am and I'm beat. :'(

fishfighter

At this point I have the front all stripped out for the metal roofing. Got one side on the back tying in the back bedroom roofing done. Was very tricky due to the difference in the heights of the walls. Had to use a chainsaw and a planner to cut and finish a couple of the angles. My sawsall died. :'( Didn't get anything done this weekend and now my body is locking up. ;D

fishfighter

Got the other side of the back bedroom roof line done today and called it quits at noon time. Way to hot for me to be up on a roof. Tomorrow, I will start stripping the back roof if it doesn't rain.

Had to take a few hours nap, but I'm recharged again for tomorrow. ;D

Oh, had a ground crew of one. The wife, but doesn't know much. ;D She sure can start the genset instead of me climbing down every time. ;D

fishfighter

Been stripping the trusses with 2x4's along with tying everything together. Getting up on a 8 on 12 pitch roof line is hard and took a lot out of me. I'm at the point to start putting the metal roofing on phase two. I had order new metal roofing for the back bedroom. Hope that comes soon.

This is were I'm at as of this afternoon.

I still have to pour concrete pads for the back porch and for the front porch. I think once I get all the roofing done, I will take a break. I have a bunch of logs I need to saw up. For some reason, the mill keeps yelling my name every morning. ;D

fishfighter

I have a roof over my head now. Was kind of hard working on that 8/12 pitch for this old man. ;D Ran into a couple problems joining in some valleys. All on the back side. Main building has 10' ceilings, back bedroom has 8'. Got that with no problem. The big problem was joining in the back porch valley, coming off the valley of the main build and back bedroom. I'm still not real happy on what I have, but I'm sure I will work it out.

Next up is to pour pads for the front and back porch. I need to cut some timbers for them. That will be timber framed.

fishfighter

Been some time on a update. Really haven't been doing much on the camp. Kind of been under the weather.

Anyway, we got a bunch of rain here last weekend. Over 6". ;D Checked the inside of the camp for any roof leaks and everything high and dry 8). If it dries up a little more today, I plan on start installing some sub flooring. 1 by's, pine boards. I will be passing the edges on my tablesaw and cutting it on a 45 degree angle, both edges of the boards to over lap when installed. I will be nailing them down with ring shank nails to the floor joist. Also will be laying down some roof felt paper in between.

On a side note. Why I'm using felt paper inside and out as a vapor barrier. It was all free. :D No other reason. :D

DeerMeadowFarm

fishfighter

This was done yesterday in the bathroom area. I finished it today. The bathroom area is 8'x9'. There is a closet and another one for a washer/dyer stack set. I do have a bath tub that I will be putting in there maybe tomorrow.

Took a lot of time resawing the edge of the boards. Had the tablesaw inside the cabin. Clean up 3, 5gallon buckets of saw dust. Way to wet outside and walking in mud to your ankles. ;D I will be installing some 3/16" luan on top. The real flooring is some 100+ year old pine t&g 3" flooring that I got for free. 8)

More rain coming this weekend. I will stage some pine logs at the mill. In need of some more 1bys.

Must of had a lot of dust on my phone camera lens. :D

fishfighter

Got the tub set in. Small steps now.

Magicman

Quote from: fishfighter on November 01, 2015, 02:47:52 PM
Got the tub set in. Small steps now.
But every step is one step closer.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Yep. ;D Really I'm not in a big hurry. Taking this on is to help my more health wise and give me something to do when I feel up to it.

fishfighter

After a week of laying real low, I felt a bit better today. First time outside from last Sunday.

Anyway, stacked some logs at the mill, did a brake job on the truck, and did a little plumbing in the camp.

Did I say I was beat? The dear wife all over me now. ;D

fishfighter

Been doing easy things inside the camp. A little rough in plumbing, a little electrical work.

Got this wood burner stove to install in the camp. Fired it up and it checked out great. Got some double wall piping ordered for it. Got a bunch of free fire bricks to build the base for under it. Just waiting to put down some sub flooring in the area were I will install the stove.

And of course I been cutting a lot of 1 bys for sub flooring.

Thank You Sponsors!