iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member says Hello

Started by Firewood Farm, March 23, 2005, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewood Farm

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here. Have been reading FF for a couple of months and thought it was time to join the crowd.

I'm a forest landowner in Lancaster County Pennsylvania with 30 acres we live on and have owned since 1990.

My main interests are low-impact forestry management and trying to find the most productive means of managing the farm as a one-man operation.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and opinions with you all.

Joe
If a man is in a forest and there's no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

Tom

Welcome, Joe!

Low impact is pretty popular around here too.  Drag up a chair.and join in.  Gotta plan for next year's firewood now. :D

woodchopper

Welcome to the Forum Joe!

I think you will find lots of info and lots of friends here!

Just joined yesterday and I feel like one of the "family" already!

We don't get older -  we just get better!

Dana

Welcome Joe! I haven't been a member all that long but sure do feel like everyone is truely family towards each other.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

jjmk98k

welcome aborad!
Maybe we'll chat at Silk City diner someday or pass one another at Shupps Grove or Renningers! I am out that way nearly every week during the summer.

You'll gather a lot of great information here and get to know some really nice guys and  gals.

Talk soon, Jim

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Roxie

Hey Firewood Farm!!  You are just up the road a piece! 
So glad to meet ya!   :)
Say when

bioguy

Welcome from another new member. I think you will like it here. These folks are great.
bioguy

Woodcarver

Welcome, Joe.  Good to have you here.
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Ernie

Welcome Joe, I see your tree still is frozen,  does it turn green in spring and red in autumn?

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Firewood Farm

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Quote from: Ernie on March 23, 2005, 01:42:41 PM
Welcome Joe, I see your tree still is frozen,  does it turn green in spring and red in autumn?

Ernie

Ernie,

I'm one of the crazy ones that loves winter -- no bugs, no snakes, less sweat -- so the tree a constant reminder that winter is on the way. But I do like fall, so maybe a red one is worth consideration.

Patty

Welcome Joe!

Well duh, of course he is!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Mike_P.

Welcome aboard.  This is a great place with good folks and a lot of knowledge.

I lived in Lancaster County during the 80's before moving home to Michigan.  I always enjoyed the country and people.  I imagine there have been many changes.  It is a beautiful part of the U.S.

Mike

sprucebunny

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Joe ;D

I'm glad someone else likes winter and I got all the same reasons plus being able to ride around on my land without disrupting the soil  ;)    Or getting hung up on the blow-downs and stumps ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

asy

Winter? What's that??  :D

It's when the rain stops, isn't it??  Sigidi?? Can you qualify??

Seriously, WELCOME Joe!

I haven't been here so long myself, but gee I love it. These guys are a hoot.

It's a good, fun loving crowd, happy to share information and stories.

Drag up a chair and throw another log under the piggy roast!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

Will You people hurry up and get Firewood Farm welcomed already??

Everytime somebody posts in here the topic summary on the index says

"New member says Hell" :D

Wecome there Firewood Farm :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

submarinesailor

Patty,

Have you been talking to my wife - of 32 years?  ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

subsailor

Roxie

Hey Jeff, I noticed that right away and was gonna suggest you give us one more digit of space in the header display!   :D :D  Sounds like front page news the way it is now!!! 
Say when

tnlogger

welcome joe you'll love it here.  8)
gene

Clarke Sawmills

Hi Joe :    Welcome aboard to this group of friendly folk.  I very new as well and am enjoying chatting with everyone.  My husband and I are connected to the forestry industry in a different way then most folks here.  Plus I'm a horse breeder from Canada.

dutchman

Welcome , I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.
Spent time in and around Lancaster in the 70's.
Have an Aunt that lives in Millersville.

pigman

Welcome Joe,  This is the best fourm I have ever been on. I have learned a lot and laughed a little..
I try to only make serious posts here, but since I am just a dumb country hillbilly they sometimes make fun at what I write.  ;) Thats is alright with me because I laugh at what some of them write also. ;D
boB ,  shucks I spelled my name backwards
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Andy Mack

Hi Joe

I'm pretty much in the same position as you, except I'm thinking of planting a new tree plantation

Andrew

TN_man

Welcome Joe and glad to have ya 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Fraxinus

Welcome from the mountains of NH.  I'm kinda new here myself.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

sigidi

Welcome aboard Joe

hang around and see some mighty funny stuff as well as all the great knowledge flowing out of this bunch of folkes

and Asy yep like you said it's when the rain stops ;D :D
Always willing to help - Allan

thecfarm

Welcome to FF Joe.We have Amish friends in Lancaster County.We've been to Ephrata.Very nice country you live in.You will enjoy the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!