iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol ph260 newbie

Started by Tullivor, April 10, 2016, 10:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullivor

Hey Everybody,
Just wanted to share my excitement over the forestry forum.  About a month and a half ago I brought home my new (to me) Logosol PH260!  I have had my eye on this machine for years and finally one came up, so I acted!  I am absolutely loving it, very impressed with how it is built, and very impressed with how it runs!  So far I have made up some casing and crown, and the finish from rough sawn to no sanding needed is like magic in a box! :D 
I have spent hours reading threads posted on here about the ph260.  It is great to have a place like this where people can chat!

thechknhwk

You need a bigger dust collector container :D :D :D.  I just ran some flooring on mine this afternoon before work.  Enjoy!

Tullivor

Thanks thechknhwk!  Haha I know what you mean with bigger dust collection drum, fills up in no time!
When you make your flooring do you tongue and groove the endboards afterwords?  I have the knives, hoping that if its a must to do the endboards that the cutterheads on the Logosol will fit the spindle on the shaper. 
To all Logosol owners; what are some of your favourite knives?  I purchased the log cabin siding knives for making 1 1/2" x 5 1/2".  The steel is a little thicker though so I cant use them yet until i get the thinner gibbs.  I am pretty darn excited to try them out though!!

thechknhwk

It's my first time making flooring and I do not plan to end match the boards.  I do not have any equipment to do it. We'll see how it goes ;D :P

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

jdtuttle

Congratulations Tullivor on your PH260. I make flooring with mine & don't T&G the ends. If customers want to connect ends I tell them to use a biscuit joiner or a router with T&G bits. Never had any installation problems without it. It's a great little machine.
Have a great day

Tullivor

Ozarkgem I have never posted a video on here before but maybe I'll give it a try.
Jdtuttle thanks for the congrats. I'm happy to hear you don't do the ends and have never had a problem, I look forward to my first flooring job!
Well she gave me my first (and hopefully last) bite tonight. I was changing over the knives and when I went to loosen off the nut on the 3rd head wrench slipped and my hand went across the very new and very sharp knife on the top cutter. Quick trip to the hospital for a few stitches. Apparently it doesn't have to be running to hurt lol
Anyways thanks for the replies! Would love to see some photos of stuff people have made with their machine!

jdtuttle

I wear gloves when changing anything under the hood ;D
Have a great day

Thank You Sponsors!