iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It felt good....

Started by thecfarm, April 03, 2022, 08:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

to be out in the woods without snow on the ground. 
I was cleaning up a lightning strike Easten white pine. I was going to do a video on it, before and after, but well on the way to being cleaned up.
Was a big pine, more than 2 feet across. Took down a cedar, a couple fir trees and a couple white maples. That will open the forest up. 
The ground where I was has dried out good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dairyguy

Wish I had all your rocks so my mud dries out good & fast too     8)

thecfarm

Send truck, I will send rocks.  ;D
But saying that, I know where to keep away from this time of year too. Some places don't dry out until mid June.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

Snowed yesterday. Snowed today. 🤦‍♂️😆 

chevytaHOE5674

Still 2-3 foot on the ground. Snowed yesterday and more on the way this week.

Southside

Snowed here too - back in January sometime, I think.  Yea, pretty sure we got some this year, none last year, so maybe I am thinking of two years ago?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Gonna be 70 today, potential tornados tues/wed and snow friday then back to florida weather next week.  Never know what the wind will blow in. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

It has felt good to see earth here to for the first time, in fact  its happened 4 times this month, and we get to do it again now as we have about 3" so far of heart attack snow and more falling. I don't clear late spring heart attack snow. Its like shoveling wet cement.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

newoodguy78

The only good thing about snow this time of year is it doesn't last long. Personally I'm waiting for Mother Nature to start taking her meds again, she's been some kind of bipolar lately. 

dairyguy

Quote from: newoodguy78 on April 04, 2022, 10:25:23 AM
The only good thing about snow this time of year is it doesn't last long. Personally I'm waiting for Mother Nature to start taking her meds again, she's been some kind of bipolar lately.
All this time I been thinking it was a family fight between Old Man Winter & Mother Nature that explained nearby Syracuse could have mud season in any of the twelve months on the calendar.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

chet

Ain't seen dirt in my yard since Oct. of 2021. Hopin' for it all to be showing in about 3 weeks, fingers crossed.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Log-it-up

This was yesterday still lingering around today

brianJ

Speaking of just about no snow.   I would rather deal with that than these weekly winter rains we had so far.

thecfarm

Got that right. 
This rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow should be over by midnight.
But have about 4 inches of snow.

Jeff

I wish we would get some snow, as every single spot in my yard has some sort of puppy wants to chew object in it. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!