iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson s240 slasher

Started by rdobb13, January 16, 2023, 08:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdobb13

Had this thing for while and have never used it.  Hooked it up and it spins and moves up and down.  Problem is it runs backwards and stops as soon as it hits wood.  Tried adjusting the pressure valve but no change.  Wouldn't be as simple as flipping the lines on the saw motor would it? 

C5C Tree Farmer

Oil flow is probably in the wrong direction and is bypassing through the check valve that allows the saw motor to coast when the hydraulic oil flow is stopped.

rdobb13

Quote from: C5C Tree Farmer on January 16, 2023, 09:04:53 PM
Oil flow is probably in the wrong direction and is bypassing through the check valve that allows the saw motor to coast when the hydraulic oil flow is stopped
It seems to be in good shape, the manifold looks newer.  All the lines on it are color coded as if it was a part before I got it.  The local dealer was supposedly a Hudson dealer but nobody knows about them.  The schematics I can find from Deere are kind of vauge.  I don't understand hydraulics real well but it might help taking it apart to understand.  

kiko

Three hoses right.  Saw pressure. Return and bar up.    The pressure hose goes directly saw motor and returns through the manifold.  The saw cuts from under to throw the chips out.

rdobb13

Quote from: kiko on January 16, 2023, 10:48:55 PM
Three hoses right.  Saw pressure. Return and bar up.    The pressure hose goes directly saw motor and returns through the manifold.  The saw cuts from under to throw the chips out.
Yes, three hoses.  The saw is turning just like a chainsaw right now.  The chips are being thrown into the slasher.
We got rain all night so I'm headed over to trey and tear it apart.  I'll try and post pictures.  There are two lines on the saw motor if I remember correctly.  One being the saw pressure the other being a return that is tee'd off to supply the bar down part of the manifold.  
Another thing it does, if the bar is fully returned, it won't come back down without cracking a line in the up or down side of the cylinder.  Goes up and down without fail as long as it doesn't come all the way back.  
Headed there now.  

C5C Tree Farmer

My mistake. When I think of slashers they are circular saw bunks.

kiko

Sounds like you got the pressure and return swapped.   The line that jumps when you saw down goes DIRECTLY to the saw motor.

rdobb13

Quote from: kiko on January 17, 2023, 06:38:40 PM
Sounds like you got the pressure and return swapped.   The line that jumps when you saw down goes DIRECTLY to the saw motor.
@kiko, once again you are 100% correct.  I went to the job around noon and found that out.  I'll say it again, southern Ohio would love to have you around if you would like to move to a horrible climate....but, plenty of work available.  
I had never messed with this thing aside from seeing that the sprocket turned and the bar moved up and down.  Once I finally ordered a bar and chain yesterday was the first real test.  It looked recently freshened up, all hoses had colored zip ties marking lines except for those two. 
I know a couple realtors if you are interested.  Ha ha. 
Thanks, Randy 

kiko

If I ever relocate,  I will no longer identify as a diesel mechanic.  Might even " cut my hair and change my name "  :D  Seriously tho at this point I enjoy sharing what I learned over the years.

rdobb13

Well, you are a rockstar on here. 

chet

Kiko, guys like you with those many years of experience and knowledge that are openly willing to pass on and share that knowledge are becoming fewer and fewer. You are a great asset to this Forum, Thank You.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

230Dforme

Good evening 
I am from a different construction business from  this forum, but now doing tree work, firewood etc.
Have assortment of heavy equipment 

Even if you go into the witness protection program, 
we will find you 😁

You are a valuable resource to all, and greatly appreciated

Thankyou 

Thank You Sponsors!