iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Finding user gallery without link in their profile.

Started by Dave Shepard, December 11, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Some members post photos, but do not have the gallery link in their profile. How do you find their gallery without the link?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Like yours? :D

This is how I do it. 

1. I click on thier profile and get their member number out of their address. In your case, the address is as follows, with the member number in red.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=4240

2. I then click on the gallery link, and go to "my gallery" and then look at that address.
In my case it is: https://forestryforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10001
I then change that number to your number, plus 10000.

So yours is https://forestryforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=14240

Yes, this way sucks. I've never found a way to automate the way the gallery links are formed to add that 10000 into the address.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Thanks, Jeff. I'll have to put the link up again. It used to be there, but must have been lost in an upgrade? So, how do we link to the gallery? :D

EDIT: Found it!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

beenthere

Another way, as I do it sometimes, is to bring up the Gallery. Then click on "user galleries" then click or 'jump' to the first letter in the user name and browse through the list.

Lately I keep the Home Gallery open to "last uploads" and usually browse through the daily uploads to see what is up, what may be coming up, and all the photos posted that never come up in a thread or a post.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Sometimes I just need to be poked with a stick or hit by inspirational lightning

After all these years, you now do not have to set up the link to your gallery unless you also want it to appear in all of your posts, and I MIGHT figure that one out too. 

Every single member now has a link to their gallery in their profile automatically.

Merry Christmas ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Thanks for being a lightning rod.  Your inspirations are still working just fine.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman