iDRY Vacuum Kilns

pictures on mobile version.

Started by 1270d, December 28, 2014, 07:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

When using my phone to view the forum (droid turbo) the pictures are squished if the phone is in "portrait" positition.  When I rotate to "landscape" position the picture remains this way unless I refresh the browser.   I am using chrome and have for all of my smart phones.  This forum is the only place I've experienced this. 
Here's some screenshots for example.

Jeff

I'd switch to normal view. I detest mobile views personally.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

@1270d

I've been trying to fix some things to make sure that the forum is mobile compliant, before the deadline google has given. Can you confirm if this issue for you is now fixed? Also, if you  could, try the normal view and see how that works for you both vertical and horizontal.

Dave Shepard

I'm having similar problem, but not just picture, the whole forum is in portrait mode, even when I flip the phone on it's side. there is a big blank spot to the right of the screen, and everything is compressed to the left. I only use the Standard forum, not the mobile version. I have a Samsung Galaxy III.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Here's a screenshot from a few minutes ago. As a side note, I've been able to load photos while in Firefox lately. Not sure why that is. :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Did you try and refresh your screen? You may need to load the new css file.  How old is your phone? what is your phone? What browser is it using?

1270d

Jeff, since I made this post some time ago I have started to use the non mobile version per your "detest". ;D  The standard version has always worked correctly for me.  I just tried the mobile version again on my phone and it seems to work perfectly.  (At least as far as the picture issue I was experiencing)

Thank you

Dave Shepard

Why is Google giving you a deadline? Compatibility with Chrome? I noticed last night that there are no Views/Replies visible, and no indicator that you have posted in a thread when using the phone now. Basically, everything is so cramped now, that trying to follow a thread is very difficult. Instead of a text going across the screen, it's scrunched down to a few words per line. Also no Avatars are displayed, so I have to look for who is making the post.  :-\

Southside

I noticed the same thing on my phone - thought it was a button I must have hit and could not figure out how to un-do it.  My screen looks just like Dave Shepards. 

Jeff - I have a Samsung S4 and I am pretty sure it runs Jelly Bean (only remember that because it was the name of my late Old English Bulldog)

As I am typing this the screen still looks like that.

Hope that helps. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

You need to open up apps, go to your browser app, and clear your cache. You can try just refreshing your page, but it may not reload the forum's new css file. Once you get the page completely refreshed, your view should be corrected.

Jeff

Its going to be an ongoing deal for me to get this right. Please be patient.

Google google mobile friendly deadline.

Magicman

Wow, I did.  Apparently there is a new sheriff in town and they is it.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thechknhwk

Pictures on my mobile (android 5.0x) google nexus 5 are now loading correctly in the portrait orientation.

Puffergas

Wow.... Photos sure look good on my Android tracfone.. Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II