iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT70*****at last

Started by Oregon_Sawyer, July 29, 2003, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Sawyer

Finally after all this time I picked up my LT 70 Fri.  This is Tuesday night and I finally got to run it a little.

Last Thursday night a young man called about my old mill.  He had seen it and wondered why I was getting rid of it.  My wife explained that I was happy with it and was just upgrading.  On Friday morning Julia said to be sure and call him.  We talked for awhile and he wanted to know my bottom dollar and I told him that was it.  He wanted to know when he could try it out.  I  told him I was picking up my new one at 3:00 that afternoon and we could meet and he could cut a log.l  He said he would give me a deposit.  About a half hour after I got there he Dad showed up and watched as we cut the log.  Both Ray and his dad were beaming.  At 4:30 they wrote me a check for the whole thing.

I then turned the check over, endorsed it added another check for my mill and headed home.  Before I left Portland my cell phone rang and I have another job to cut.  On the way home I fueled up and another couple stopped me and wanted to know about the mill. He builds fancy spinning wheels out of figured hardwoods and wanted to know if I had any.  Turns out he lives about 10 miles from me.

Didnl't get to cut until Sat. and then only for a little while as I had to take all the blades and etc. up to Portland for my old mill.

I can see there is going to be a learning curve.  More levers and I have to figure out how to use the new log turner without tearing up the log.

I know you want pictures.  I know how to take pictures but i have never been able to figure out how to get them reduced to fit on the site.

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

WoodChucker

Loren, congratulations on the new saw, I was just on the WM home page checking them out, it sure looks like a nice saw. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. :)

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Bibbyman

Congratulations!  

I just wish we could put our LT40 head on the LT70 frame.  I like the new backstops,  where the hydraulics are relocated, etc.  The 25hp 3ph is plenty of power for us.

Work on those pictures.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Sven Christiansen

Moved up to the big boy.  Congrats.

Don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions.

Percy

Heya Loren
Way to go...finally gotter ....I know what you mean about the learning curve. For the first 30 hours or so, I was thinkin...What have I done here??!! I was faster on my old mill and wasnt clenching my teeth like this....BUT....once you get the feel of the ACCUSET and the dragback and all the other goodies, you will wonder how you got along without it. I just finished a B train load of birch(17000) bd feet. With a 15 yearold helper, we cut around 2200 bdft of one inch a day. I know that may not sound like much  but I was learning to grade cut(still learning) and that included cleanup log loading yaddayadda. On the WRC, with a helper, Im sure ill do 3500-4000 daily. Your gonna love it. Congrats!!!
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Frank_Pender

Now, Loren, you got to remember to get that new log house done for Julia.  :-/ It is all fine and good that you have the new mill and all, but the HOUSE son, the HOUSE.  ::)  

I am really happy for you and the new mill.  Don't forget you are comeing here to the Extension Service class and demo on Sept. 4.  I hope you have all your bugs worked out in the operation of your new toy.

Also, I have a all kinds of figured wood and burl.   Send that fella this way, please.    
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!