iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finally broke down.

Started by hackberry jake, March 25, 2015, 04:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDDfarmer

I was comparing the 362 stihl to the 562 husky when shopping 2 years ago.  Lots of trips back and forth between dealers.  To me the 362 just didn't balance right in my hands like the 562 did. 
Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

hackberry jake

My 362 is still running strong, but it's less than a year old. I hope you just got a lemon.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

Quite happy with my MS362. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bkaimwood

I'm sure I just got a lemon. I've purchased and owned 9 Stihls now, and have liked them all but the "lemon"... It happens....
bk

hackberry jake

Well, I used mine to drop a sweet gum tree and then when I went to start it to buck the limbs off, it wouldn't start. I pulled and pulled each time trying to pull it harder to get it to start until the pull rope broke. I think I'll take mine back to the man I bought it from tomorrow.

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

petefrom bearswamp

It certainly should be taken care of under warrantee.
Sorry to hear of your prob.
I have never had a Stihl but hear good things about them.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

Find out what is wrong if it doesn't start in 4-6 easy pulls. Saves starter ropes.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

When cold, like it has been sitting for several days, my MS361 takes exactly 8 pulls to "gurgle". 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nitehawk55

And sometimes it's operator error starting the M-tronic saws....they are a bit different as are the autotune .

Just sayin....... ;)
I AM NOT BRAND LOYAL !

hackberry jake

Quote from: nitehawk55 on July 07, 2015, 09:26:56 PM
And sometimes it's operator error starting the M-tronic saws....they are a bit different as are the autotune .

Just sayin....... ;)
I think you hit the nail on the head. I had calmed down by the next morning and I fixed the pull rope and it started right up. It's been running good ever since. I may have let my temper run a little too much.

WDH

You can flood them out easy if you are not careful. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bandmiller2

Cornfield Al, that oven cleaner is just lye in a handy spray can with a little perfume to please mommy. I would be nervous as it would really degrease the chain. Oven cleaner is dandy to help strip old caked on grease and dirt off tractors, be aware it will affect some paint. I use it around the PTO when prepping a tractor for paint. Pitch up chains left overnight in kero or diesel wit a little oil in it works, what doesn't desolve rubs off easily first cut. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!