iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started milling on my new Logmaster LM1

Started by Griz, November 18, 2009, 12:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griz

Ran some bug-killed SYP through my new LM1 this past weekend.  Slapped the boards up in my barn and they look great.  I can see this is going to get addictive!  Nothing better than spitting sawdust and admiring your work with a cool Miller High Life. ;D ;D ;D

Chuck White

Hey Griz;
Welcome to the Forestry Forum's.

You'll love it here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Griz

Yep, this is a great resource for a "greenhorn" like myself.  Good people and great tips on sawmilling.

James P.

Welcome Griz and congratulations . enjoy the saw dust. I have a cold and just was trying to smell some fresh dust. I got just a hint. that smell makes its enjoyable as well.

rickywashere

hey wheres the pics WE love pics here // enjoy the mill

Woodwalker

Quote from: Griz on November 18, 2009, 12:24:12 PM
Ran some bug-killed SYP through my new LM1 this past weekend.  Slapped the boards up in my barn and they look great.  I can see this is going to get addictive!  Nothing better than spitting sawdust and admiring your work with a cool Miller High Life. ;D ;D ;D
Boy do you have a lot to learn.  :P
Gonna have to get you drinking a different brew :D
You got a good mill.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Magicman

Griz.  Glad to see you with a mill and finally posting.  You may can keep bugs out of timber, but now the sawdust bug has bitten you...... :D  Congratulations on the mill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ErikC

Miller High Life....The champagne of beers..
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: ErikC on November 19, 2009, 11:33:28 AM
  Miller High Life....The champagne of beers..
That is debatable, over a good home brew beer of course.
Not only is nice to be able to admire your work today but many years later to still see the results of a good days work.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

WDH

Craig,

We have to figure out how to get those walnut logs!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Griz

Danny,

I was meaning to talk to you about those walnut logs when you came over in December.  Maybe I could help clean up your blackland prairie project by removing some of those unsightly cedars as well!  BTW - that cedar sure kicks up some nasty dust - it gets everywhere........See you in a couple of weeks. ;D

Griz

Boy do you have a lot to learn.  :P
Gonna have to get you drinking a different brew :D
You got a good mill.
[/quote]

I used to drink Shiner, but had to go on a budget to buy my mill.  :D

WDH

Craig,

You know, those cedars just have to go as they are invasive!  Hopefully they can end up as boards rather than just be herbicided and expired.  Cedar dust means cedar boards :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Woodwalker

I used to drink Shiner, but had to go on a budget to buy my mill.  :D
[/quote]

OK folks, this guy is in a bad way, looks like he sacrificed his taste buds to buy a mill. Sawmilling just ain't easy.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

WDH

Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices in life  :).

Thank You Sponsors!