iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The last trip

Started by sandhills, June 24, 2016, 12:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Well I think we're taking our last trip in my late Uncle's old '55 today, my Aunt told me yesterday that her stepson called her on his birthday and is thinking of retirement and would like to have it.  No hard feelings whatsoever he should have it and it will be back in Alaska where it belongs but for this weekend anyway it'll be in Fort Randall SD  ;D.  Got the generator generating again this morning, even fixed the radio so we got tunes to boot! 

Just before the last time we took it there, pictures from this weekend will follow, we really needed this and we're going with a few kids and some close friends and neighbors can't wait to get there.

WildlandFirefighter912

Dont make them like they do anymore

sandhills

Magicman

I would love to wave to it as it drove by.   smiley_wavy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dustyhat

Love them trucks , rode many a trips to town with my grandpaw in one . then i bought a 57 apache . but later had to sell it. sure do love yours . :)

sawguy21

Man, the stories that old truck could tell.  8) The old Alaska highway was not for the faint of heart. I learned to drive in a 59 Apache, loved that truck (except for the vacuum wipers on a hill in heavy rain).
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Well we made it home!  Had a wonderful time with some very wonderful people, my 15 year old brought one of her good friends and they had a blast.  One neighbor (who I think is part fish) brought his ski boat and his soon to be inlaws brought their jet ski so it was fun watching the 2 try to learn to ski, I didn't try, I hurt myself easy enough without trying  :D.  I'll get some pics up as soon as the Mrs. gets them on the computer.

Thank You Sponsors!