iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan show in Ohio. Any body going?

Started by B.C.C. Lapp, September 15, 2023, 08:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.C. Lapp

There's a Paul Bunyan show coming up on Oct. 6-8 in Lore City Ohio.  
Its about a three hour ride for me but I may still go.   Any body planning on going?   I've been to a few expo's but never been to a Paul Bunyan show.   I figure they are about the same?
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

WV Sawmiller

I'm thinking about it. I went last year and spent a few hours, met some great people at the LofRite and WM tents and had a blast but had to leave early because of the wife's sore hip. If I can park her at her cousin's house up near Akron I may comeback for a longer visit.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

Well that's more than an 8 hour drive for me on a perfect day, not even counting stops. I am afraid you can count me out. But that's not to say I might make the run in a forthcoming year. We thought about it last year. I figure that would make for 2 nights in a hotel room and only 1 day at the show. That would take some planning. A bit far to drag a trailer for camping I think.
 One of these years.
 You guys have a great time!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WV_hillbilly

Hillbilly

WV Sawmiller

I'm planning on coming up Saturday and will stay the night and stay for a good bit of Sunday's events. Looking forward to seeing old and new friends and events there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Log loader contest

View from the grandstand

Log/chainsaw carving vendor display

Chainsaw carver and next project he is working on

Small Frontier Hobby mill being demoed by Norwood vendor

Poor picture but there is a guy climbing the net obstacle in the background
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

More pix from the PBS

Lumberjack/Springboard contest

Lumberjack contest - Getting ready to cut a notch for the springboard. He stands on the springboard the repeats then moves to the second springboard and cuts the top off the log.

Lumberjack contest. Winner on the R log. Note: One of these guys was an off-bearer for me for a customer at Webster Springs WV a couple years ago and showed me his ax. It was Australian steel and wicked sharp!

The winner. Just cut the top log off.

More contest - cut the log in two and keep all your toes.

Axe throwing contest

Husband and wife crosscut sawing contest

Slab flattener vendor
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

Still more pix @ PBS

Load of logs contest - guess the BF in the load.

WM Display

More WM Demo/display

Part of the LogRite display - Where's Furby when you need him?

More WM display views

Chainsaw safety class. Good info and demo (Not that I needed that ::)) I learned how to lift a log off the ground using wedges hammered int he bucking cut and that Gas or Oil on the chaps kills the fiber in the chaps.

Antique chainsaw display

And getting ready to use

And in use

60" wide X3" thick slab on demo at vendor. He said he sawed this on a Baker bandmill.

There were tons of other vendors selling logging and firewood equipment, wood burners, crafts, food, Clothes/safety gear, knives and way more than I remember or photographed. I had a great time and encourage anyone to go in the future if you get the chance. Gas was 51 cents cheaper there than here and I got a surprisingly nice hotel room for $62.15 at a local Budget Inn 2 exits up from the show on I-70.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!