iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mid sise forwarding trailer hyd questions?

Started by dwchaisson, November 05, 2012, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

graves logging

Nice set up. I have a clark 664 skidder. And I just bought a 2551 nokka log loader and trailer. I hope to have it all up and running this week

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dwchaisson

Quote from: jd540b on November 17, 2012, 08:42:43 AM
Here is a set up I used to have on a Hardy Trailer.  Had a 13 hp honda and single stage pump.  Used a 12 gal hyd tank.  Towed it with a 440b.  Cut alot of wood with it...could pick up most anything.  Only thing with towing it was to be very careful going downhill on ice or snow-liked to jack-knife.  Will try to post pic.

that is a nice looking setup, slowly getting some mods done on my trailer, picked up a 6 gallon gear pump which i will attach to my 12hp Briggs engine, building an 8 gallon hyd tank, adding some bunks, would like to have it operational for early December and get some trial runs in before the frost sets in and i head to the bush for Christmas break. thanks again guys for all your input on this, it sure eliminates a lot of trial and error
homemade skidder, homemade band mill, home made log loader and trailer, 1993 ford 1 ton,1996 Chevy 1Ton dump, 2010 john deere 5065M with loader, 1987 trackless with blower, 576 husky,565 husky 372husky, homemade processor in the build stage, 900 david brown. 2 fordson majors. Life Long Collector

jd540b

If you can, go with a Honda motor.  Starts in the cold really well and will run forever....worth every penny.

york

jd540b,yes Honda all the way-but they no longer list them by the HP rating,only by the cc displacement-so is the 13hp 390 cc??????thanks albert
Albert

woodmills1

nice stuff you made

my blue ox has an 18 hp honda, was the largest at the time that had both electric and pull start

I would not use a 2 stage pump

I do lots of other things besides lift logs, like loading trucks with lumber, putting slabs in customers trucks, moving heavy stuff...

I can envision a night mare where I am moving someting close to where a person may be and the pump kicks to low speed high pressure but then kicks out to high again and I loose momentary control of the boom

a single stage can be manuvered really well in close quarters because I know what to expect

kicking into low speed would change the situation, but probably wouldn't be a big problem because it would really slow down movement

but if it kicked back up it might just take off before I could react
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

dwchaisson

homemade skidder, homemade band mill, home made log loader and trailer, 1993 ford 1 ton,1996 Chevy 1Ton dump, 2010 john deere 5065M with loader, 1987 trackless with blower, 576 husky,565 husky 372husky, homemade processor in the build stage, 900 david brown. 2 fordson majors. Life Long Collector

Stephen Alford

Hey dwchaisson, great to see another islander on the forum. Would love to see your gear in action. Is that skidder the 6011 or 7018 model ?  ;D
logon

dwchaisson

Thank You Sponsors!