iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas comes early !!!! (more of um )

Started by isawlogs, December 21, 2009, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Yep , these two showed up this morning .   8) 8)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

jim king

RynSmith

Is it just me or does it look like there's at least one more to come  ???  ;D ;D

Very cute!

jim king

I thought the same thing or maybe to much Christmas corn.

Norm

Awww they're cute as buttons.

Now I have to figure out how to keep Patty from seeing this....

zopi

Goatses...good looking kids

I have a boer wether names sausage...and he's about to live up to it..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

isawlogs

These are miniature goats , I will get pics with something to compare with size wise. but for now I have this pic here , with one of them beside an 8" food bowl .

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

old joe

Marcel
We also keep goats, ok Marcel this is old Joe's wife Kim typing now because he started to tell you about ours and it is just a painful thing to see such a good man struggle with a keyboard. We have about 30 goats mixed Nubian and Toggenburg, and 22 are expecting anytime. When we kept goats in Northern New York, where we are from we were younger and had more! This is a closed herd that we have bred to be large for meat and milk. I use the the milk for cheese and such and well all the wethers are named Brother as they are freezer bound. I believe we also will begin to have ours this week. Once 1 goes they all go.
Yours are so interesting looking. did Joe tell you I learned to tan hides a few years ago? Just kidding. I will give Joe back his forum but I wanted to tell you Marcel my family is Quebecois!
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

isawlogs

Hi Kim , bonsoir ,
You hae raised a few questions , when you saye " all the wethers are named Brother " Are wethers to a goat as a gelding is to a horse ???
  When you saye you learned to tan hides , was this his or the goats  ???
Ours are so interesting , did I mention that our Billy is hornless , not de-horned but was born with no horns , some of the kids that come from him have horns , some don't . These two , male has horns (will have ) female will be hornless .

This pic you can have a good idea of the size , camera is almost bigger .   :D :D

Marcel

Magicman

Good looking kid........the goats aren't bad either........ :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

old joe

Bonsoir Marcel,
Oui' gelding and wethering son la meme chose.  I think I said that right.  Our does have begun to kid.  Two pretty little doelings so far.  It's going to be a busy night!!

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

isawlogs

Yesterday when we got to the barn, we found our two new dwellers snuggled up together .....

Marcel

sprucebunny

I can just picture the mother tucking them in in the hay.

So cute  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

This morning we have doubled the numbers of baby goats    :)

These two where running around there mom when we arrived in the barn !!!

Marcel

Norm

Cute!

Are these just pets Marcel or do you raise them for sale? I was going to ask if for eating but by the size I'm guessing not. :)

Warbird

isawlogs

Norm , I want to put one or two on a wire , but the idea aint passing to well here , actualy it aint passing well at all .  :o :o These are Renée's first goats , we got them last summer as pest pets ( one letter can  really screw up the meaning sometimes ) I dont know how many the herd is to be, will find that out soon enough. Barn is 125 long , sure she can put a few more in there  :D
  Size wise , we mesured one this morning , 9 1/2" tall 12 1/2" from tail end to tip of nose . I wanted to weigh one , but the fish scale I had, has a big hook on it and da boss shooed me away from picking one of her babies up  ::) I was gonna make a nice craddle, had no time to explain what I was going to do before being thrown out  :o  I'm guessing they weigh about the same as my 35' tape I used to mesure them

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!