iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

He's now taking orders for the next holiday.

Started by Jeff, December 26, 2009, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Paul_H

My old father in law from my first marriage was a French Canadian from Manitoba,raised on a farm by his dad after his mother passed on.He left the farm young to go hard rock mining all over Canada,living a batchelor's life in camps til he met his bride.
Martin could build anything out of nothing and was a pretty good welder,mechanic gardner etc.One night after dinner at our house,we were sitting at the table sipping coffee and he saw a pile of my work pants that needed mending.Next thing you know,the sewing machine is out on the table and he's showing me how to thread the bobbin,rip the seam,sew the patch and sew the seam back up :)
I never forgot how although it's been awhile since I've done any mending.He's passed on now too but I think of him often.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

I remember myself being taught how to darn socks and patch the knees in bluejeans. We didn't have much money back then but I think it wasn't so much that but that you didn't throw away something just because of a small hole.

Even though it's been awhile I'll bet I can still run a thimble with the best of them. ;D

isawlogs

Uh , Norm , I remember something about letting Patty do the ironing afterwards  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!