iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My latest addition of iron

Started by getoverit, November 06, 2007, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getoverit

I have been wanting one of these for a good while and found a pretty good deal on it today, so I added it to the growing list of iron I have hanging around the farm. I spent the afternoon playing with it and everything seems to work fine on it. I have about 6 acres that I cleared this spring, and then used a rented excavator to de-stump it. Now I can use this to fill in all of the holes and level everything out. I bought it so cheap that I doubt that I could have rented one for the price that I paid for it.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Raider Bill

great size to clean between trees.
Congrats!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

oakiemac

Nice machine. I want one too! I just have to convince the boss and that wont be easy to do. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

cantcutter

Was it an auction find? I am milling for a guy who just bought a nice older Timberjack with a brand new winch for 4500.00 at auction..... I am betting he can turn it around for 12-15 k without any trouble.

Don K

GOI, I like it. I want the next size up. Looks like I need to get in the geetar business. :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Dave Shepard

Very nice! Triple grousers on a dozer are a little unusual.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DR_Buck

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 06, 2007, 07:48:34 PM
Very nice! Triple grousers on a dozer are a little unusual.

Dave

I'll bite..............What's  "Triple grousers"   ???  :P  ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Corley5

Nice  8) 8) 8)  I've got one on my list  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

Like one of my friends tell me,We could do some damage with that.I should really have one of them.I 'm clearing land too.I would not want to remove too many stumps,just find more rocks,but it would help make things smoother.My tractor is not the right thing to do it with.Thats why it's still rough and mostly likely will be for a while yet.Too look at,it looks good.The paint is not all faded and rusted out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scsmith42

GOI - that's a nice find!  I spent many hours running a 450B in my younger years.

Dr. Buck - "Grouser" refers to the type of shoes on the tracks.  Triple grousers have three cleats per track shoe.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Dave Shepard

Triple grousers are used on excavators. Probably tear up less when turning.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

getoverit

there is just something about a bulldozer that makes your testosterone get to pumping. I guess it is the little boy coming out in me, but I really enjoy pushing stuff around. I think I'll go push some more tomorrow after it warms up a bit.

This went to auction and was bought by someone locally. He said he got through with the job he wanted it for and was just passing the good deal along to someone else. It should do fine for pushing dirt into the holes left by the excavator from de-stumping the land. I plan on turning it into pasture land again as it once was before we planted pine trees. For some reason there just isnt any money in pine trees any more, especially for small plots of land. Companies want to clear cut hundreds of acres or it just isnt worth it to them.

TexasTimbers

That's nice GOI wish I had one too. But I can't figger out in what part of the process is it used to build geetars. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Warbird

That thing is awesome!  Congrats!  I sooo want a Bobcat or small front loader.  The Mrs isn't going for it, tho.  TBH, I can't justify it for the whole 2 acres we currently live on.

sawguy21

8) Those are fun to play with in the dirt.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don K

I think it falls into the process right after the part about cashing the check from selling the geetars. ;D  If you think about it some it could be one of the first steps in making geetars as you could use it to drag some trees to the mill to make boards to make geetars. ;)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

JD350Cmark

GOI - The 350's are a great tractor, like everything they have their place.  I have two of them & a 450.  One huge advantage for me is that I can tow them safely in the mountains with a 1-ton.  Aside from dead batteries, they have never failed to start.  Here's a photo of one of mine.

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

getoverit

I'm glad you posted this picture. My hydraullic controls has 2 control rods. One is for the up and down of the blade, and I have no idea what the other one is/was for as it does nothing. From this picture, I see that you have a blade angle hydraullic cylinder which mine doesnt have. Mine is a 6 way manual blade. Would be nice to have the hydraullic model :) I like the blade extension on top of the blade too.

woodmills1

nice machine

be sure to fix and repair before catastrophic failures

or keep 1000 dollar bills in your pocket to spend................ ::)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

getoverit

can anybody tell me how to determine what year this thing is? I have no clue and the guy I bought it from didnt know either.

beenthere

Go online with the s/n to Deere, or take the s/n to your Deere dealer and ask them to look it up. They should be able to help you learn what you have.
Prolly a parts manual on line for it as well. Deere has become pretty friendly with information on its models.

This site may help you get started.
http://www.deere.com/en_US/ag/servicesupport/serviceliterature/index.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

IL Bull

I have a serial number guide in my office if you could supply a serial number. :P
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

OneWithWood

Nice find.  I have a 450C crawler/loader and I often wish I had a dozer with a 6way to complement it.
I added real grouser bars to the front triple bar so I can get around on the hollars and ridges.  The taller blades do tear up the ground when maneuvering about but at least I can get there and back.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

getoverit

Thanks for the info... next question: Where do I find the serial number?

scgargoyle

Quote from: TexasTimbers on November 06, 2007, 10:03:52 PM
That's nice GOI wish I had one too. But I can't figger out in what part of the process is it used to build geetars. ;D
Product testing- GOI builds 'em strong!! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Thank You Sponsors!