iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Viewing DVD

Started by Fla._Deadheader, July 22, 2009, 06:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Usually when it says it is not a verified version, there is choice if you want to proceed anyway?  Also, did you see this post?  If you really are only having a codec issue, this may help:

Quote from: mburrow on July 26, 2009, 04:01:05 PM
this should install any audio or video codecs you need for media player I tried it on mine and it worked for me
http://rapidshare.com/files/260346680/XP_Codec_Pack_1.2.4.exe

Fla._Deadheader

Yes Warbird. I saw that post. I did proceed to download that pkg anyway. Then, I lost Mozilla access from the desktop. Had to re-establish the IE and am online with that, now  ::) ::)

Deleted CCleaner, and, am now trying to re-download it. IE keeps dropping the transfer, as usual  ::) ::)

Have the Firefox icon on desktop, but, when I double click it, I just get the hourglass for less than 1 second, then nothing. Waited for 10 minutes for something to happen, so, re-activated IE, much to my chagrin ???  ::) ::)

Guess it's getting time for the 3 pound hammer  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Warbird

Are you still unable to do what I suggested to you months ago?  That is, back up your important files, format the hard drive, and reinstall Windows from scratch.  Your system sounds entirely b0rked to me.  Compromised or not, it could use a clean build.

Fla._Deadheader

Been going through files, and noticed there are a LOT of
lightscribe" files ???

When I was in Florida recently, I bought a new DVD R?W for my Daughters machine. It was saia plug in. Installed the machine and ran the install disc.

It was Nero 8. The disc installed a "Virtual" drive, and really messed up the computer.  Guy there went through and make it right again.

Then, exchanged that burner-reader for an IDE type connection. Ran Nero 7 for it, and all was well. Brought the disc here, and ran it, because my tyrial version was expired.

Since then, things have gone down the toilet.

Know anything about "Virtual drive" being put on a system ???

I deleted all nero I could find, but, there are many Nero things in files I have found ??? ??? ???

Just want to lay y'all know that I appreciate all the help that is offered  :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

Warbird. I am not comfortable with formatting the drive. IF I knew more, I would consider it. I ran Ccleaner and deleted many files ??? Don't know if that's a good thing yet, but, we will see.

Deleted and removed from the system, Firefox. Went out and re-installed Firefox on the machine. It's running as I write this.

REALLY appreciate the time you spent to help me. THANK YOU  8) 8)

So far, the system is working.

Also, had a connection problem last night and this morning. Called the Internet Access provider and got THAT straighten out.  ::) ::)

That's hopefully enough computer problems for a while. Thanks to all who helped with info and ideas.  8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

Now, the Computer is running fairly well, but, I have NO sound. I DID download and install that rapidshare Codec file ???

Any other suggestions ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

Did you check Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control  under the "Start" button? Might be set to off with the new codecs installed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

Just checked. One "synth" was at the bottom, cd was ΒΌ from the bottom.

Will try a cd later on. Thanks
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

Is the volume slider turned up in the program your running?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

If it's located on the window that I am viewing, yes. ALL volumes that I can find are turned full on.

I really believe that there IS a virtual drive created on my hard drive.

I need to try to call my guy in Florida, and see what he found on Teri's computer, and, have him tell me what to look for in the files.

I can not copy-paste I found out, today. It's little things that are annoying.
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

Sounds like your computer is a mess to me.  ;D

Warbird

Deselect anything that says anything about digital sound output.  If that is selected and your card has a digital output, it will redirect your sound from normal outs to the digital out.  And if you don't have anything connected to the digital output...  no sound for you.  ;)

Other than that man, I've given you all the help I can remotely. 

Fla._Deadheader

OK. I have been clicking, unplugging, and talking to this machine.

I finally got the sound to work.  Now, I can HEAR a video but not view it.

I get a window in Media Player, that says :  advrcntr2.dll -file not found, and it IS needed ???

What do I do about this ???  Is this something I can find online or is it in the OS disc and needs to be reloaded ???

When I insert a DVD, the device lights up and spins, but, the one DVD wants to start at about 3/4's the way through the Video ??  I try to set it back to the beginning, but, the indicator returns to the 3/4 area in the bottom on the screen.

This is all Windows Media Player.

On Videolan, I can hear the audio on the DVD, but, can not view it, and I have clicked on ALL buttons, bullets, windows, etc. and nothing helps ???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;