iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sigidi's NEW toy

Started by sigidi, September 08, 2012, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

My friends on the island have a 6-inch Lucas and an LT-15, and they saw a lot of tropical hardwood.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

logboy

As I cranked my 827 from the lowest position to the max height numerous times over the last three days I kept thinking about those new cranks of yours.  I really need to order them. Has anyone hooked up a working electrical setup before?

Do these look like the new handles? Or are they the old ones?
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=SSW+8&catID=

Is the new EFI engine blubbery in any way? My slabber has the high efficiency carb so it uses a lot less gas. Unfortunately it also runs terrible and likes to die at idle because its starved for fuel.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

sigidi

Logboy, nah mate that is the winder handle for the sideshift mechanism - it moves the power head/blade across the horizontal. Man I cant believe how expensive just the handle is over there :o :-X oh and BTW, I don't really now what the answer to the question about the log chocks was about (bit further down the Baileys page) no reason at all the logs chocks cant work on small logs, just means you may get less recovery from them, but ya gotta use  something to hold the small logs????? I dunno,

anyway to your question mate....Take a look here...

This is what the new set looked like for both endframes, so a new set of cranks for each end. (also I got a new set of measure gauges at the time too)
This is what they looked like on the mill at the time of getting the new cranks... (notice the yellow handle)

So for install, wind the rails to the bottom, undo the 13mm nylock, lock nut off the end of the chains on both uprights for the end frames,

take out the top bar for the endframes, then slide the crank assembly off the top of the post and drop on the new assembly - do this for each upright, then put everything back together...

New set of winders ;D

About 12 min for each endframe and a whole heap of work saved on your shoulder, after using these I've given up on the electric idea now mate
Always willing to help - Allan

logboy

I was so tired last night I didnt read the caption, I just looked at the photo. I dont see them on Bailey's website. Maybe I'll shoot Warren a message and see if I can get them.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

Thank You Sponsors!