iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help identifying a tree

Started by Full Circle, September 18, 2012, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SwampDonkey

Okra, a fascicle is like a scaly sleeve (bundle) at the base of the needles that brings them together at one attachment point.

Red pine is genetically uniform throughout the range and in fact research has proved this with tree improvement programs. What you get happening is environmental damage from ice, and insect like the Nantucket pine month. The species lives a very long time for eastern trees, up to 350 years.

We can get wild red pine in with black spruce or jack pine and where it grows naturally is on red clay soils here. I live in hardwood country, it's where the better farm land is. You look at a range map and it's too general. They have it shown for my area, there are no wild red pine anywhere here, they are planted on fields and cutover. The Tobique river watershed is red clay and you see wild red pine precisely along it's banks and reaches as you leave the Saint John River. The native reservation land there at the mouth has wild red pine in the rocky bluffs along the headpond. You couldn't even cut those because it's straight up and down. :D They've burned the woods so much around there that it's been converted a lot to aspen, red maple and fir.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!