iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the use of ash for lumber

Started by Tom L, December 02, 2012, 08:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

ditto

Very well made piece of fine woodworking, and careful assembly of grain patterns.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Very nice ash Larry, and cabinet work to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Phorester

I made my woodworking workbench out of air dried ash. Hard and stable.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,50810.0.html

My cousin made a porch swing  and all of his kitchen cabinets from kiln dried ash probably 25 years ago. Even made a 6-foot step ladder from ash.  They have held up well after that length of time. A beautiful wood, as Larry's cabinet demonstrates.

Axe Handle Hound

Nice looking cabinet Larry and nice job of fitting it to the wall!  No gaps visible in that scribe job. 

Phorester- somehow I missed your workbench thread....outstanding job!  That's a beautiful bench and the batten/built in stops are an excellent idea. 

DanG

I think we need to see pics of Larry's shop!  I've never seen such a nice cabinet in the shop loo! :D

If you have enough ash, you could build a bowling alley.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!