iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road tripping - sawmill visiting?

Started by OlJarhead, July 17, 2023, 07:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

Hey folks!  I'm about to head North on a nearly two week adventure to see my son and new grandson up in Chetwynd BC and am thinking that if you happen to be along the way it would be fun to stop in and say hi!

We'll head up to Penticton and then north from there through the Cariboo region and on the way back we'll come down through

the rockies and turn sound on HWY 5 (I believe it is) heading for Kamloops and the Okanogan.

If you happen to be on that path, let me know and I'll see if I can plan a stop to check out your operation and meet up!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

WV Sawmiller

Sorry but we look  to be a little bit out of route. :( Have a great time with the son and GS. Keep us posted on the trip. :)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GAB

Oljarhead:
Sawguy21, PaulH, and Brucer are three that might be close to your route.
In chetwynd there is 97redjeep.
Good luck, and don't forget to buckle up.
Some of the roads are so rough that if you are wearing dentures you may have to retrive them from the commode.
Contact Brucer before going, to get the alternate route, as I think it would be in your best interest.
Oh, and bring lots of money for gas.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

K-Guy

Sawguy21 and Paul H are both in the small town of Enderby in the interior, and by the way sawguy21 isn't 21, he lies about his age. It's a beautiful area, I lived there 25-30 years ago. Deer on the road at night are always a problem in BC but when you get past Prince George they will be in larger herds. Lots of great lakes for trout fishing.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

sawguy21

Thanks a lot! :D Paul and I would be very happy to see you, sorry to have missed GAB.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

OlJarhead

Hopefully the roads haven't changed much in the last 4 years??  We made the drive in 2019 for the wedding, fun trip!

Cool that someone is in Chetwynd!  Let's meet!

If along the route, or close to it, maybe PM me and I'll add to my itinerary and make plans to pop in!  Would be fun!  Will be driving the camper with the Jeep in tow so no Cul De Sac's LOL but otherwise, we can pretty much do whatever we want on the way home :D  I plan to take it slow and steady (and leave the dentures in the toilet -- er whereever).

OlJarhead

Message sent to RedJeep -- that's so cool!  I hope we can meet up since I'll litterally be in TOWN!
Sawguy21, PaulH, and Brucer I'd also like to meet up with.  PM me addresses if you like and we can see if you will be along the way or if a small detour is doable.

OlJarhead

Chetwynd is such a small town I've already heard through the grapevine that @67redjeep is one heck of an upstanding guy.  Cool!

Now if I can just get him to check in ;)

GAB

Quote from: OlJarhead on July 17, 2023, 05:40:51 PM
Chetwynd is such a small town I've already heard through the grapevine that @67redjeep is one heck of an upstanding guy.  Cool!

Now if I can just get him to check in ;)
Erik Sir:
You wrote @67redjeep, I think it is 97redjeep.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Ljohnsaw

If the @ didn't glow, you did something wrong. @97redjeep
Hmm, doesn't like it when the username starts with numbers...

But, once posted, it 'glows'
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

OlJarhead

Thanks guys, was having trouble getting it to work so must have typo'd! 

Now, where ya at! ;)

GAB

Quote from: OlJarhead on July 18, 2023, 10:05:52 AM
Now, where ya at! ;)
Erik:
If that was directed at me, I'm in Wakeeney, KS.
GAB

OlJarhead

LOL no at @97redjeep 

But he's busy I'm thinking!  Maybe he'll see this on the weekend while we're heading his way but it's a small town so I'm sure we can chase him down ;)

OlJarhead

Lac La Hache north of 100 mile house.
Tomorrow Chetwynd 

OlJarhead

Ljohnsaw

Static display in a mini-museum? What's the truck?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

OlJarhead

Yes.  It's at 108 Mile
The truck is an old Mack

Resonator

Nice old bulldog truck, those wheels are a modern upgrade (old B series Mack's didn't come with those new). ;D

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

OlJarhead

I was thinking it looked a little modernized.

North of Quesnel now. 250 miles to go

OlJarhead

Chetwynd chainsaw Carvings 

OlJarhead

Crusarius

That is the best chainsaw carving I have ever seen!!!

OlJarhead

Oh man there were so many!

That was the winner if this year's competition and yes that's wood and done with a chainsaw!
Chetwynd BC #chainsaw #carving - YouTube
Is a short I did.
I will share more soon!

Thank You Sponsors!