iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ225 hubs on a TJ208?

Started by Ironbarkloggers, June 11, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironbarkloggers

Hi all, we have a 208e timberjack with 8 bolt rockwell hubs in Australia, with the hassles finding replacement parts for the 208 here in Aus (and a spare 8 bolt rim) I was wondering if the 12 bolt? Tj225 hubs would fit onto the 208 axle housing? the 225's r pretty popular here in the older small machines, we don't have a 225 close handy to cross reference it with any info would help thanks.
Also...the transfer case in the 208...we are assuming it is the np205 can anyone tell me where to go for rebuild kits, we were kinda hoping to be able to order the parts and have them here before pulling the machine down due to it taking at least a week for most deliveries and we didn't want to loose that much time any info on the subject would help...it seams in Aus that as soon as you mention the parts are for a skidder the price triples thanks again.
We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us!

timberjack26

what are you looking for, for a kit....seal kit, gears what....

Ironbarkloggers

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us!

timberjack26

i can get them for you.....i sent you a pm message....and do you have a pic of the transfer case...

Neilo

The transfer case is not a NP205. It is a modified NP201. The NP200 rebuild kits cover it apart from the pto gasket.

I have looked at fitting a divorced NP205 transfer, and in the end the thing stopping it is the pto is different.

The stub axles are different between the PR68 and PR75/76 and I don't know if a different axle would be required.

Ironbarkloggers

Thanks Neilo and Timberjack26, most helpful.

Thank You Sponsors!