iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad Shoulder

Started by Chuck White, January 20, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradMarks

Chuck, that's funny, same thing my wife said: I can comb my hair again!  And adding to the list everyday.

Peter Drouin

Good, it all worked out for you.  8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Absolutely, getting better every day, range of motion is almost back to normal!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Chuck White

Went in for 2-week followup Doc says the Rt shoulder is doing fine, I have full range of motion, just have to go easy when I get near max reach!

Then decided to get a shot of cortisone/novocane in the left shoulder!

The left had some of the same symptoms as the right, only not quite as bad!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don P

Go easy on that stuff. It provides immediate relief which is why people hop on it but long term it actually tends to have the opposite effect. You're better off most of the time altering what you re doing that is causing the problem. Cortisone is an anti-inflammatory, most of us aren't inflamed, we're just wore out  :D

Gary_C

Yes, go easy on that cortisone. There have been some reports that some people have had tears after cortisone shots. Not sure if it's been verified but certainly is a good reason for caution.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

mike_belben

I hurt a shoulder at work around 2008.  The dirtbag company doctor scheduled me for physical therapy under my private insurance and $80/wk copay without any diagnosis whatsoever, and this created years of hot potato.  I had tons of cortisone and it would buy me maybe 2 days then feel worse after.  Those shots hurt too boy!

my insurance said no its a work injury, while1 workers comp (actually the company's self insured management corp, they were evil, dirty, ruthless people) said no you went to private practice so its a private injury.  Once you pay a cent of a work injury bill out of pocket workers comp slimeballs will do anything possible to deny your claim. So I had to sue the company and won.  It was early 2011 by that time and id worn out the other shoulder compensating throughout those years.  It was very demoralizing to get used up by my employer and have them think i should be thankful for the privelage.

The diagnosis was AC arthritis.  When the ortho surgeon (best around) got in there, it was actually a bunch of bone spurs under the shoulder plate that were sawing my bicep tendon, which is like a cord that operates your arm.  It runs through a tunnel under the scapula, thats where the spurs grew.  It was like a 30% tear, looked like a frayed cotton rope on the imagery i have.  They ground out the burs, sawed off the end of my scapula and i think of 4 ligaments that hold the shoulder together.  That was arm is now my strong one.  

Point is, the pain described sounds a lot like what i had. Overhead or outreached lifting was not possible for me but i had to do it every night for my job.  If its spurs tearing a tendon, the longer you let it go the more it tears up.  

Surgery hurt for a few weeks (with a brand new baby  and snow shoveling to juggle at that) but it was the best thing by far.   
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!