iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busy times coming

Started by MrMoo, March 09, 2004, 07:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoo

On Saturday a buddy from down the street stopped by to see if I would mill some red oak for him. He's got about half dozen logs he wants to mill up and eventually use the lumber to make furniture for his daughter. I said yup no problem. He said he will power wash the dirt off the logs and then bring them up in a couple of weeks.
Sunday my brother-in-law comes over with 8 white pine logs in his truck. Ranging from 6" to 22" diameter. Asked if I would mill them up to make boards for his barn. So I said yup. The 2 big logs are really nice looking logs 10' long with no taper. They seem to have 2 clear faces.
They both said they would work with me to mill my own logs I need to get done for lumber for my barn as payment which works out well for me. Having someone help sure beats working alone.
Anyway then later on Sundaa I see my neighbor & he says he's cutting a few trees later in the year & he'd like to have me do the milling for him. So I said yup no problem.

Looks like a busy time ahead... and I was trying to keep things clear so I could concentrate on getting my barn up. Should be good fun though.  8)

Mike

J_T

Good luck I had lumber sawed up two times already for my saw shed sold it both times. Wife said saw a board nail it up. 8)
Jim Holloway

Frickman

MrMoo,
I guess we can lump you in with the shoemaker's kids who walked around barefoot. Isn't it fun to have lots of logs to saw!
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!